<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Team Cursed?

March 13 2017 at 12:05 PM
No score for this post

bengalbear  (Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 174.101.146.174

I was digging around today and I found imbedded in an article which talked about Brown handing off operations to Pumpkin and co. The article talked about the team not winning a playoff game since 1991 and the bungs playing in a playoff game against the Raiders where Bo Jackson got a hip injury which ultimately ended his career in football and baseball. Is it possible Bo Jackson put a curse on the bungs? I'm sure that's not the only reason but it makes you wonder.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/mike-brown-says-marvin-lewis-katie-blackburn-now-run-the-team/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

I am not this guy

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 12:35 PM 

"bengalsucker says:
Jul 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Anyone who believes Marvin and Katie run this team, I have beachfront property in Idaho to sell you. Mike still very much has a powerful say in this team. Of course he wants people to think he has relinquished power. But he hasn’t. However, to the Browns fan saying the Bengals have been your doormat, really?! I must have been watching something else the last 10 years."

But I have a long-lost brother out there somewhere.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

LC
(Login LoyaltyClause)

Re: Team Cursed?

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 4:31 PM 

there is no curse from Bo Jackson. its the curse and stain of Mike Brown. 26 years and counting

This message has been edited by LoyaltyClause from IP address 208.102.84.63 on Mar 13, 2017 4:32 PM

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
March 13 2017, 5:11 PM 

Or maybe it was the foosball table:

https://youtu.be/LEwK4TzsCzo

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
March 16 2017, 1:13 PM 

I fully believe I'll die w/ the Bungs still not having a Super Bowl win. Heck, the league could fold before the Bungs do it. Bungles are destined to follow the Cubbies...

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

it's odd to use the Cubs as an example now

No score for this post
March 22 2017, 11:23 PM 

The Cubs took 100+ years to win a title. But if you're a young kid these days, you see a team that had crappy management get taken over, go out and deliberately hire winners and build through brilliant strategy and use of cash. To a lot of fans, the Cubs are quickly becoming the model of how to do it right.

So if the Bungs end up like the Cubs, what we should expect is that at some point the Brown family's clutches will get loosened, maybe because they'll just want to cash out after Mike Brown and his brother both die. And at that point, maybe, just maybe, they'll end up in competent hands. Although if Katie is running the team with her husband, maybe expect to have to outlive them too. That actually seems like the best case scenario. Many of us might also be dead by then, though. Like a lot of Cubs fans died waiting for their title.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
March 23 2017, 6:42 PM 

The thread title reminds me too much of the old "this team is snakebit" theory, whose proponents still like to cite Greg Cook's shoulder injury from back the early 1970's. No curses, foosball tables, or snakes are necessary to explain the situation. This sorry franchise has always been to damn cheap to be the least bit resilient.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return