<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Kevin Minter?

March 19 2017 at 12:13 PM
No score for this post

Bungleistic  (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 70.198.136.11

Don't know if this will be an upgrade over Dansby or not. Ranked 39th in total free agents this year and had 81 tackles and 3.5 sacks last year. However I still have to believe that this is Mikey's annual cheap, over the hill veteran free agent signing. Don't know how this one will work out.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 70.198.136.11 on Mar 19, 2017 1:17 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Minter?

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 2:23 PM 

Isn't he like MY AGE?!?!?!?!?!?! That's not only over the hill in NFL Years--but he's under the ground.

This is another "Hopeful" Signing by Mikey for the Sheep.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If Mikey signs it--then it's a cheap piece of sh*t that nobody else wants.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: Kevin Minter?

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 3:59 PM 

Minter is only 26, and he was a captain on Arizona's strong defense last season. Their fan base seems split on whether he was a solid contributor or a guy whose weaknesses had to be hidden. The Cardinals have lost a lot of good players on D during free agency, and that seems to be due to their lack of cap space.

Carols Dansby signed with the same Cardinals recently, so that makes it a de facto trade. And as trades go, it's an okay one, I guess, as the Bungs wanted to get younger and faster at linebacker. Dansby no longer fit what they needed. If Minter turns out to be more than a role player, it will be a bad sign for the unit.

CB Bengal
(Login Fulcher)

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 4:46 PM 

Just for comparison Kevin Minter clocked in at 4.81 at his Combine 40 while Karlos Dansby flew in at 4.45. Maualuga was 4.86. Minter's draft profile compared him to Takeo Spikes

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
March 19 2017, 6:35 PM 

Minter would pass Dansby like he was standing still today. Dansby can barely get to the play before the next snap count. Good signing imo.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

"Domestic" then?

No score for this post
March 23 2017, 10:50 PM 

Ok, then. He's young. Why was Arizona so willing to part with him?

Is he just another Domestic Violence "Vic" or what?

I don't know. If it's Mikey--then I'm smelling something off the field issue.

Also, I'm usually able to google something about a Bungles' Player's weakness like a off-the-field incident....but I'm not finding any for Minter.

Was he injured last year? I'm just wondering how a player like this falls into the Bungles' lap?

BTW--I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE WRONG MINTER.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Minter

LMAO!!! Yeah. My age.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Mar 23, 2017 10:56 PM

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
March 24 2017, 7:57 AM 

Solid signing.

I have no problems with the FA acquisitions (Smith for depth and Minter I'm sure for a role).

My problems are the unnecessary downgrades (on the OL this season for instance) and at points in the past (i.e. Houshmandzedeh being replaced by Laverneous Coles and Marvin Jones being replaced by Brandon LaFell are the two easiest examples) especially when they have the cap room to keep their own.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return