<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Mike Brown: Pac Man deserves one more chance

March 29 2017 at 5:29 PM
No score for this post

Synonymous Bengal  (Login stormincincy)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 24.158.163.150

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796144/article/bengals-owner-adam-jones-deserves-another-chance

LMAO, you all have fun rooting for this tragedy of a franchise
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: Mike Brown: Pac Man deserves one more chance

No score for this post
March 30 2017, 10:19 PM 

If our favorite owner had said anything else I think all of us here would have fainted dead away. Maybe MB was a smidge more blunt than usual, but you really have to shave the margins to make the call.

I sure can't read minds, but I seriously doubt if Adam Jones is as embarrassed and remorseful about the incident as The Redeemer In Chief seems to think. "It's a kind of a punishment in itself," he says, or something to that effect. No, not really. Otherwise it wouldn't have happened in the first place. If a sense of shame hasn't cleaned up Jones' behavior by now it never will. Not after everything that man has been through.

Somewhere there's another aspiring player who would make the league if Pacman were to exit. You know, it would create one more roster spot. And that player, whoever it is, might very well have kids who would greatly benefit by their father earning an NFL contract. So MB's concern for Jones' daughter is commendable, but not necessarily a net positive to the world.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 1 2017, 7:51 AM 

It comes down to what the league will do next. Might be a 6 game suspension + fine - hard to tell.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
July 21 2017, 2:06 PM 

Suspended for one whole game. Whoop de doo.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/21/adam-jones-suspended-one-game-by-nfl/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTN2RWdoHok

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Jul 21, 2017 2:08 PM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
July 21 2017, 3:43 PM 

If he's smart he'll go very quietly and not appeal - he was very lucky he didn't get more than that.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
July 22 2017, 3:29 AM 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212888408061611&set=a.10200584722277156.1073741825.1132157124&type=3&theater

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Year Suspension

No score for this post
July 22 2017, 10:13 AM 

Or at least it should have been. WITHOUT PAY.

"Suspended for one whole game. Whoop de doo."

Yes, whoop de doo. Good job, Roger Goodell you f*cking hag. What kind of message does this tell your public about your thug players and the general message to the league?

That this kind of behavior is somewhat acceptable?

Jesus. One f*cking game. You have to be kidding, right Rog??!?!?!?!??!?!

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
July 24 2017, 8:02 PM 

Hey JB, I thought of the chart you posted when I read about the recent Bob Costas comments.

CINCINNATI -- In a discussion about Colin Kaepernick's apparent "blackballed" status in the NFL, Bob Costas criticized NFL teams who hire players with criminal history -- namely, the Bengals.

"Domestic abusers, people guilty of various forms of misbehavior, find their way on NFL rosters," Costas said on CNN Sunday. "(Adam) Pacman Jones was just suspended again, for a single game for a run-in with police several months ago. He’s got a rap sheet a mile long, and collects millions of dollars for the Cincinnati Bengals, who at various times seem to be running a halfway house for miscreants."

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bengals-seem-to-be-running-a-halfway-house-for-miscreants-bob-costas-tells-cnn

Yes, they are on the very low side for suspensions since 2012. The problem is that they've collected some very high-profile problem children. Pacman Jones. Tank Johnson. Chris Henry.

Chad Ochocinco Johnson was a problem child of a different sort, but notorious. Vontaze Burfict is notorious for cheap shots, and I would say that reputation is earned.

But Costas is virtue signalling with this, and the Bungs are an easy target. Thanks to Mike Brown and his redemptive assembly line.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Psycho

No score for this post
July 24 2017, 10:18 PM 

I think that may be the best post I've seen on here in 5 years. I look at the Cincinnati Bungles and I think of one thing:

With that many thugs on one roster, you would have to think that the CHEMISTRY of this team has a complete segregation or separation. And you have to figure the lines are pretty deep in the lockerroom.

That doesn't do anything with Team Cohesion. You can tell Mikey Boy has no idea what I'm talking about.

Look at the camaraderie of teams like the Patriots, Seahawks, and the Falcons. Then take a look at the Bungles.

Yo Mikey, there is a difference between team cohesion and just a collection of players.

It's called Championships and Lombardi's. And you're a dipsh*t if you think otherwise.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
July 26 2017, 9:43 AM 

Yo Mikey, there is a difference between team cohesion and just a collection of players.

It's called Championships and Lombardi's. And you're a dipsh*t if you think otherwise.

Mike clown will never get it and I've accused him of things far worse than being a dipschitt.
As long as he still breathes and occupies a space in PBS the bumblers will always be his
special collection of 'tards. Lumina

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
July 26 2017, 11:00 AM 

With all that said - owing to this team still basically the joke of the league - maybe this kind of player is the best mikey can get. What good FA would want to play here with the bungs reputation of being one of the league's bottom feeders and having a penchant of finding ways to lose? This forces mikey to go to the scrap heap and find players no one else wants for various reasons.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return