<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

2017 NFL Draft Thread

April 22 2017 at 10:10 PM
No score for this post
Ka  (Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 45.59.44.60

The draft commences Thursday. Which poor, young men, who have worked hard all their lives to get to the point where they get to fulfill their dreams of playing in the NFL, will have their career hopes dashed as they get drafted by a team that can, at best, get you to the playoffs but never win in them?

We can use this thread to discuss who the Bengals should draft, might draft, and of course the actual draft on Thursday night. I watch zero college ball, so I hope to pick up a draft guide in order to be able to follow along with the draft.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Thread

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 4:10 PM 

I think they need to go DE first. Most pundits are saying it will be Derrick Barnet. Many others are saying it will be Reuben Foster. I'd be surprised if it is though because the Bungs seem to regard LB's with the same low regard as OG's. On the other hand, what is it that Cedric Ogbuehi, Andrew Billings, William Jackson III all have in common? They all sat out their rookie seasons with injuries. And now people are saying Foster's surgically repaired shoulder isn't healing up right and he might need another surgery which would most likely end his rookie season too. This, along with reports he failed his drug test at the combine makes me afraid the Bengals will pick him. After all, if you're stupid enough to weed up right before your test you're on a par with Jeremy Hill level dumb and therefor a perfect Bengal.

Bottom line, who knows?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
April 23 2017, 6:56 PM 

They need an OT and G - hopefully someone with flexibility to play more than one position. Without addressing the OL problems drafting a RB is senseless. Also they should keep Mccarren. I have a feeling with the OL problems they have that Dalton will get knocked out by the end of week 4.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 7:58 AM 

Correction: Foster failed his drug test because he provided a "diluted sample" which the league regards the same as a failed test.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
April 24 2017, 2:15 PM 

I honestly have no idea who they're going to draft. I've heard they're prioritizing taking a RB early, I've heard possibilities of taking a WR, I've seen instances over the years where they consistently draft corners in the 1st round, so I really have no clue. Their biggest needs in my opinion are pass rushers, any offensive lineman that is available, and maybe a LB. I agree with bengalbear on this one, you can't run the ball effectively if you don't have a competent o-line so I think they need to prioritize o-line early on even though we all know they most likely won't.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 5:30 PM 

I have no idea who they will draft, either. The mocks seem to be all over the place. The scribes have convinced me about TE OJ Howard. He'd make a good pick, but with his draft stock rising he may not even be there.

At least we're only a day away from Round 1. Speaking of Round 1, I'm reminded again why the NFL gets on my nerves. Three freakin' days to hold a draft. Hype, hype, hype. Let's just get it over with.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Offensive Line and more Offensive Line

No score for this post
April 26 2017, 8:06 PM 

The Bungles really need to concentrate on Offensive Line. Last year, they couldn't keep Dalton upright and the Running Game diminished.

This is due to horrible OL Play. Fisher and that other dud isn't the answer. I can bench more than those guys right now and I have 15+ years on them.

They need strength on that line. Something the Bungles lack right now. Shockingly, signing back buffet buster (Smith) is a real start. I don't mind that move at all. It will help the running game greatly.

But their 1st pick should be an OL. Don't care where it is on the OL. Should be a tackle though.

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 1:58 PM 

I've heard they're prioritizing taking a RB early

This would be all wrong so naturally I expect it...

BMN

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

The thing I don't Understand

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 3:28 PM 

Some of us here understand the importance of an offensive line...why don't those meatheads down at PBS get it? I have a feeling they will bomb miserably tonite.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 3:36 PM 

Tonight/this weekend is the ultimate Groundhog's Day for Bungs fans.

When the Bengals spot comes up, their team of scouts and their GM and management braintrust (which includes mostly men named Mike Brown as well as Duke Tobin) look at Kiper's best available and make that selection as long as it makes sense. Kiper and McShay praise the pick! The next two days much of the same. Bengals get an "A" draft grade in the Sunday papers, ESPN's Sunday talk shows, and NFL network all concur, while the Steelers get a B- and the Ravens a C+, causing them all to forget again for the moment that the Bengals are the Bengals and treat them like a real franchise, proclaiming that "this is the year that they challenge the Patriots in the AFC and they unseat the Steelers and Ravens in the AFC North. MBSucks has threads debating the draft picks as "well, they shouldn't have wasted a second round pick on a guard...we can get them in the 6th round and later, but as a whole I like this talent and if not for Marvin Lewis they would be ready for a Lombardi in 2017." Only to fast forward to December when their first round RB pick leads the NFL in fumbles, their third round TE has played a grand total of 6 snaps, and their 4th round punter pick is dead last in the NFL in net yardage.

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 3:54 PM 

The Bengals offensive line is horrendous. Dalton. Was sacked 41 times last year and a good Offensive line can turn a mediocre QB and Mediocre running back to looking decent. They need to draft OT and G in their first two picks.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 4:22 PM 

This is a really bad year for offensive linemen. It wouldn't be a bad idea to trade down, pick up a couple more picks, and take some flyers on the O-line. The problem with that strategy is that lots of teams would like to trade down and few would like to trade up.

The Bungs have 11 picks as it is, so those flyers will have to come in the later rounds. I have a feeling that they end up with a defensive end today like all the scribes were predicting in January. There's Goundhog Day for you. One gigantic circle, looping back to where we all started when thinking about this draft.

The Swamp Rat
(Login deweywarren)

We Have No Offensive Line

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 4:51 PM 

Therefore, we will not draft anybody for the Offensive Line.

Fulcher

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:01 PM 

Im betting Mike Brown drafts at least 5 WR's

Bungleistic

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:11 PM 

I think they'll take Corey Davis, WR from Western Michigan.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.56.252 on Apr 27, 2017 5:14 PM

Fulcher

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:24 PM 

WTF!! Kind of trade was that by the Bears this QB was so hot he wouldn't have been available next pick?

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:28 PM 

I wonder if Cleveland was trying to trade up to No. 2 overall.

Fulcher

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:32 PM 

Lol

Bungleistic

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:33 PM 

I'm surprised the bears took Trubisky, I thought they were gonna take a defensive guy. The Browns will probably draft Deshaun Watson now.

Bungleistic

No score for this post
April 27 2017, 5:43 PM 

My prediction is wrong, there goes Davis.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return