<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Mixon will end up being a good pick

April 28 2017 at 5:56 PM
No score for this post

Bungleistic   (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 50.25.56.252

IF he can keep his head on straight. Big if. Hopefully he's learned from the error of his ways from something that happened 3 years ago. I wouldn't expect it though so who am I kidding. We know giggles isn't going to keep him in line so it's up to Mixon to decide that for himself.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.56.252 on Apr 28, 2017 5:57 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Palmer09
(no login)

Joe mixon video

No score for this post
April 28 2017, 6:01 PM 

Google. Watch. Decide for yourself.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

Re: Mixon will end up being a good pick

No score for this post
April 28 2017, 6:14 PM 

We all saw the video.But who cares if he can be better than Le'Veon Bell and he dan sure looks like he could be,just ask mike clown brown

murf
(Login murf129)

No score for this post
April 28 2017, 7:13 PM 

Great pick....

They needed a tailback...got the best one in the draft

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
April 28 2017, 9:29 PM 

If Mixon wasn't talented murf would be complaining he is an abuser and is wearing shoes he deserves to wear
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
May 1 2017, 4:52 AM 

Move forward with your eyes open. Hines Ward, James Harrison, David DeCastro, Ryan Shazier, Ben Roethisburger, LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant and a host of other Steelers have nothing to squawk about over this pick.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
May 2 2017, 9:41 AM 

jb, not sure what you are implying because of the mixed bag of names.

James Harrison...absolutely. Just because Harrison did not get video taped beating a woman does not make him less innocent.

What Ben was alleged was obviously very serious, so assuming the worst of him I will give you that one, and by the same token, both he and Ray Lewis are the poster children for how to move forward regarding one's career, and Ben also as a citizen, as he has been nothing but upstanding over the past 7 or 8 years.

The others on your list though? Bell (victimless crime while punishable by more than domestic violence in the NFL bylaws is not seen nearly as taboo as what Mixon absolutely (not allegedly) did. Bryant same deal. The others yet Shazier? (suffers from a hair growth condition and does not have a rap sheet); Antonio Brown (doesn't even drink alcohol and is a workout beast...he is actually a model citizen in many ways); David Decastro (nothing that I can think of unless you are confusing him with "Free Hernandez" Pouncey). Hines Ward I did have to do a google search and did see that he had a DUI arrest, which admittedly is not a victimless crime so absolutely I would lump him in with the Bengals' villains.

So yes, seemingly all teams have a character issue or two. If Mixon was a unique or relatively unique situation. If you are going to pick apart the Steelers then aside from Harrison and Ben I would point to Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, and maybe more so than any of the above mentioned Joey Porter (not because of his crime...gun in an airport, but because the team did not suspend him). If a Bengals coach did the same thing we would be griping on here about how little control Marvin/Mikey have, but seemingly 31 other teams would do or allow the same.

This message has been edited by wyche from IP address 72.196.144.110 on May 2, 2017 9:52 AM

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
May 2 2017, 1:40 PM 

Football is a violent game. But I've seen things on the field from Steelers and others that I consider no worse than what Mixon did. I saw Hines Ward intentionally injure a Bengal linebacker with a blind side cheap shot crack back that broke his jaw and ended his season. I saw a Steeler linebacker do the same thing to the Bengal punter (right in front of a referee btw) that broke his jaw and ended his season too. I saw Antonio Brown while returning a punt jump into a tackler and kick him in the chest (also right in front of a referee) and almost planted the guy like a weed. I don't think any of these things drew a penalty.

I watched the Mixon video. And this woman assaulted him first. He was even turning away from her the first time. So he took a step backward. Then she assaulted him again, it looked to me like she was going for his throat the second time. It was only then he overreacted and used excessive force. He was attacked and he was provoked and he should have simply shoved her away from him but he used more force than he needed to use to stop the attack. The fact this was all caught on tape just made it that much worse for him, ala Ray Rice. Remember the Ray Rice incident was dissipating rapidly until the Police released the video that the league hadn't seen yet.

My point in all this is to point out the hypocrisy of all these outraged people who think this is worse than anything. Please. He was attacked twice, the first time while he was turning away and the second time with even more ferocity. He had every right to defend himself but he took it way too far. But he was 18 at the time like so many other young athletes that have been suddenly thrown into the limelight with their every move lit up under a microscope. How many, even among us here can confidently say you wouldn't have acted similarly under the same circumstances when you were that age?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
May 4 2017, 7:35 AM 

You know the Brown family is going to low ball the $hit out of him. He'll probably end up being the last of the bungholes to sign. Which would make the irony so Fn funny. Tell me you can't picture the Browns demoralizing him by saying nobody wanted you. But we took a chance on you. So take the 7th round money package.

Go Cleveland!!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return