<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Speaking Out On Mixon

May 5 2017 at 2:31 PM
No score for this post
Mike Brown  (Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 72.49.5.21

In the NFL draft last Friday, the Cincinnati Bengals selected a very talented football player who did a terrible thing his freshman year at college.

The player – Joe Mixon – is a top level football player by everyone’s account. Joe’s regrettable deed was that he struck a young woman, another student, shortly after arriving on campus in Norman, Oklahoma, three years ago.

Joe and this young woman recently met in person, came to terms with the incident, and they agreed to resolve their differences so they could move forward with their lives. While the circumstances that led up to the incident are unclear – what is clear is that it is unacceptable for a man to strike a woman.

Since the incident three years ago, Joe was suspended by the football team, pleaded guilty in court, and accepted the consequences of his actions. He later went on to become a good citizen in Norman, a popular teammate, a player respected by his coaches, and one of the most talented players in college football.

The Bengals take pride in our hometown and want to provide winning football on the field and successful players off the field.  That is the reason we drafted Joe – he is a rare football talent, and his conduct over the past three years leads us to believe he can help us win football games and also become a productive member of this community.

In making our decision, we took a risk. In this case, the risk has an upside as well as a downside. We believe Joe has put this behind him and that he can turn into the player and community member that creates a plus for Cincinnati. We are going to do everything in our power to make this happen. Our hope is that time will prove that this opportunity is deserved, and perhaps – if given a chance – Joe can write a chapter in Cincinnati sports history that both he and Cincinnati can be proud of.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mike Brown, President

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/contributors/2017/05/05/mike-brown-we-took-risk-mixon/101289918/
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Homer
(Login HomerSaysDoh)

Re: Speaking Out On Mixon

No score for this post
May 5 2017, 5:47 PM 

win games. Anyone can win games, you never hear him talk about championships. Be competitive, win some games, give the sheep just enough.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
May 6 2017, 1:32 PM 

Mixon's reaction:

The Bengals running back had yet to read the statement of support but said: “I’ve been just trying to get out here and be with my teammates and move forward, you know, on with the situation. Thank you, Mike Brown for that, but just trying to move on and come out here and compete and learn this playbook so we can get our team a win.”

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/05/05/cincinnati-bengals-rookie-camp-john-ross-joe-mixon-monty-madaris-homecoming/101332756/

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
May 6 2017, 4:22 PM 

That incident happened while he was still a teenager. Although inexcusable he atoned for his error and the football coach let him back on the team. Let's see what he can do - anything's an improvement over Hill.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
May 7 2017, 5:22 PM 

Lets not fprget he verbally assaulted a parking attendant last year so not so sure he learned his lesson , dude has anger mgt issues
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
May 8 2017, 1:01 PM 

Hook and I have verbally assaulted each other too. And even though I was in the right each time I'm not calling for him to go to anger management classes. I'm perfectly happy having him suck the snot out of a guerrilla's nose until its head caves in. happy.gif

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

My thinking is...

No score for this post
May 9 2017, 9:27 AM 

"In making our decision, we took a risk. In this case, the risk has an upside as well as a downside. We believe Joe has put this behind him and that he can turn into the player and community member that creates a plus for Cincinnati. We are going to do everything in our power to make this happen. Our hope is that time will prove that this opportunity is deserved, and perhaps – if given a chance – Joe can write a chapter in Cincinnati sports history that both he and Cincinnati can be proud of."

Could Mike Brown say this about 75% of his current lockerroom? Even Jarrrrahhhhhhh Jones thinks the Cincinnati Bungles are full of convicts and thugs.

I laughed my head off at those 1st 2 picks. Soooooo Mike Brown took the fastest guy in the draft and then a "project" who's a mental case?

I have this weird feeling that MFB takes these guys so he can:

1. Low-Ball them now
2. Low-Ball them in their 2nd contract and keep them around forever for "fan favorites" or whatever the "logic" is.

Speaking of logic, there wasn't any logic in this year's draft for the Bungles. Your 1st pick is somebody that would make an impact immediately. The 2nd pick should be on the field contributing as well.

Stupid terrible picks from the head dumba$$. Is anybody still questioning who is doing all this stuff now or making ALL the decisions? HINT: It's the same terrible decisions from 27 years ago that are still being made today.

....AND HE SIGNED PAC-MAN BACK?!?!??!?!?!!??! WTF????????

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 15.203.233.80 on May 9, 2017 9:28 AM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Throw Away Year?

No score for this post
May 9 2017, 10:23 AM 

I think this will be a throw away year anyway as there weren't any quality OL's available in the draft and though they acquired sloppy back I don't think that will be enough. There's a 50% chance Ross won't be ready to start the season and they might hold him out for the season. My concern is with the OL the way it is to keep Dalton healthy. I'm thinking is if all goes well they might finish 6-10 this year and mikey will have another high draft pick to get some OL's next year.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return