<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Poor Brownies

July 28 2017 at 4:22 PM
No score for this post

Bungleistic   (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 70.198.137.126

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-cleveland-browns-1797293528/amp

LMAO!!!! Drew Magary absolutely rips the Clowns to shreds.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 50.25.56.252 on Jul 29, 2017 5:14 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Poor Brownies

No score for this post
July 29 2017, 8:40 PM 

These are always funny, but this may have been the funniest that I have read, yet.

With that said, I am looking forward to the Bengals one coming off of a non-playoff season and with their O-Line strategy, drafting Mixon, etc.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Acid on my Ballz

No score for this post
July 31 2017, 3:19 PM 

You know Murf loved this line:

"OH YEAH HOOK A CAR BATTERY UP TO MY NUTSACK AND TURN ON THE JUICE."

It's not "Acid on my ballz" but it still works. Right, Murf. And yes, making the Bungles seem competent is special in it's own right. Making Mikey into a competent owner needs an award. Some kind of award.

Just saying.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
July 31 2017, 7:38 PM 

I went to Bengals practice today. Joe Mixon looks like the real deal to me. He ripped off about a 60 yard TD run having to step over about 4 jockstraps along the way. Then he ran right in front of my son and I slapping hands with spectators along the rope line behind the end zone.

Other observations......

Andrew Billings looks like a beer truck; a beer truck that can dead lift 805 lbs. Teams will have to decide whether to double team him or Geno Atkins. Pick your poison.

OT Jake Fisher beefed up a lot during the off season.

Cedric Ogbuehi actually looked pretty good.

I had my son take a picture of Tyler Eifert without any visible braces on. I figure it might be worth some money one day.

The 11 on 11 non contact plays saw John Ross catch 4 passes. All four were inside slants (2 right + 2 left.)

Nick Vigil looked good.

Burfict flattened Joe Mixon on an inside run. I think it was one of those welcome to the NFL Rookie things.

Crl Lawson did finally beat Ogbuehi on a pass rush near the end of practice. Had him set up by rushing inside after going outside the previous 3 snaps. I don't think Ogbuehi laid a hand on him and I'm sure Andy Dalton was happy to be wearing the orange jersey or he would have got squished like a bug.

It was hot.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

This message has been edited by ItmightbeJB from IP address 71.79.9.240 on Jul 31, 2017 7:42 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
August 2 2017, 8:39 PM 

I believe you might be in this video, JB. Looks like it has that Mixon run.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Report-731/bd83c392-dc1e-4b7f-9aa0-adef5a22a1ba

If Ogbuehi and Fisher both manage to play well, it will be one of those things that will be talked about for years and years on end. Well, only if the Bungs also manage to have a good season, make the playoffs, and win a playoff game, so... nevermind.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 9:43 AM 

That was the run Psycho. I didn't see us in the video though.

Hey is anyone else having trouble with photobucket on here. I can't get it to work.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Score 5.0 (1 person)
August 3 2017, 8:42 PM 

I haven't been able to get videos to embed.

Let me try a few photos...

[linked image]

Be careful with your choice of beverage at training camp, JB.

[linked image]

You're telling me the two tackles are good?

Seem to be working...

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

it's one thing when Bengals players do well against other Bengals players

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 1:22 PM 

like, for example, holding off Will Clarke or Michael Johnson is basically proving nothing.

There's a good chance Dalton doesn't start 16 games, let's put it that way.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
October 15 2017, 5:09 PM 

I know the "we should have fired Marvin and hired Hue" narrative was alive and well even just a month ago but for those keeping score Hue is now 1-21 as a head coach.

Living here in Cleveland, I can tell you that the Browns fans are keeping score.

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
October 15 2017, 5:40 PM 

I truly believe the Browns will go 0-16. They're horrible on both sides of the ball and they still don't have a QB. Didn't see a winnable game on the rest of their schedule.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 15 2017, 6:43 PM 

I was hoping the Browns would do better - I miss the dawg pound up there and we need another team to put pressure on Pitt and Balt. The more there the merrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-89mT_Eyo

This message has been edited by bengalbear from IP address 174.101.148.91 on Oct 15, 2017 6:53 PM

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

Hue was never qualified to be a head coach

No score for this post
October 15 2017, 9:39 PM 

He didn't do all that well in Oakland, his record as offensive coordinator was actually kind of mixed from year-to-year.

I think the main thing is people saw Hue as a guy that it was theoretically possible to imagine Mikey Boy hiring, and figured he can't be worse than Marvin Mediocre Lewis. But the truth is, he can be worse than Lewis, like David Shula was. One thing Hue is doing that is utterly stupid is not sticking with Deshone Kizer this year. Season's over, moron. Might as well find out what your rookie QB can do and let him have the reps. Brownies drafting has been terrible for a while. They need to fire their scouting department. Thing is, with their ownership, it's still far easier to imagine a Browns playoff win before the Bungs do it.

The best HC candidate the Bungs have ever had in house during Mikey Boy's terrible reign of error ... was Zimmer.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 15 2017, 9:56 PM 

I don't think many coaches could be successful in Cleveland these days with the way the analytics guys are running things. They're taking the slow road and hanging the head coach out to dry. Oakland was also a tough gig when Hue Jackson was there. Maybe he's actually not a good head coach, but I have a hard time concluding that after two jobs where he was set-up to fail.

If Hue keeps his job and gets to draft one of those top QB prospects, then we'll see.

At some point Marvin Lewis will be ready to step down, and then heaven help this franchise. Not that the Bungs couldn't do better than Giggles, but who will they hire, another Dave Shula? I'd rather take my chances with Hue.

That's all hypothetical, of course. Marvin Lewis may decide to hang around for awhile more.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Oct 16, 2017 5:39 AM

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
October 16 2017, 2:07 AM 

I don't care how "set up to fail" he is/was. 1-21 speaks for itself. The Browns are the worst team on paper, but almost never in this league is a team 0-16 bad. He has a shot to do it though!

To whoever mentioned the Kizer benching decision, absolutely, but it was foolish to go with him from the start. They could have brought back McCown (who other than doing relatively well for the Jets is a good mentor/locker room guy), or they could have started Kessler (who was ok last year) or Osweiller. People can say what they want about Marvin, but redshirting Palmer was the right move, and Palmer was probably more NFL ready than Kizer. To say that Hue "Bungled" this situation is an understatement.

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
October 16 2017, 4:11 PM 

Given the spirit of this website (MBS, not Deadspin), the Cleveland Browns offend me.

They have been SO poorly run, they create the false illusion of "hey, Mike Brown ain't THAT bad."

Mike Brown is that bad, but having a sad sack franchise like this in the same division has helped to mask a lot of sins. Must be nice to be a Ravens/Steelers fan and know that 100% of the time, you have a complete joke in-division and 50% of the time, the other team will be, and the other 50% of the time, they will be ZERO threat in the playoffs.

I'm through laughing at Cleveland's failure. It's just become a big excuse to mask Mike Brown's failure.

BMN

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 16 2017, 5:39 PM 

Hue Jackson accomplished the impossible and turned Terrelle Pryor (yes, Terrelle Pryor!) into a useful player. In one season the guy went from stiff quarterback to thousand-yard receiver. Then those whizz kids upstairs in Berea cast him adrift in free agency. Now the Browns are back to having no serviceable wide receivers.

When your franchise is named after Mike Brown's poppsy, it must cast a pall over everyone's mental faculties. Hue is a player's coach much like Sam Wyche was. That's not the right fit for a team that's trying to rise from the doormat.

Not that I shed a tear for Cleveland. I grew up hating that team. Anyway, if Hue gets fired he'll be snapped back up by Marvin Lewis and be the heir apparent for head coach. And when Marvin retires in some future decade, I'll start a new thread, "The Perpetual Hue Jackson Hot Seat Roundup."

Again, I think the Bungs could do better, but that's the way I think it will shake out.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
October 20 2017, 7:49 AM 

I don't think that he is a terrible coach. He is absolutely in a horrible situation. I would be relatively happy with him being back as Marvin's coach in waiting. I am just laughing aloud at those who felt that Marvin should have been fired to make room for this guy to keep him around.

In other Browns news, they reorganized their QB depth chart again...Kizer goes from 2 to starter (again), Kessler goes from 3rd to 2, and Hogan after his one bad start drops to third. Also in the news up here the thought of Peyton Manning coming to town to run the show. He is a friend of Browns owner Jimmy Haslem (both of Tennessee fame) and is a major donor for Jimmy's brother who is running for governor of Tennessee.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return