<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Real fantasy sleeper

August 2 2017 at 5:20 AM
No score for this post

Whit  (Login whit28)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 166.137.240.87

I wouldn't bother you with this but it's quiet this time of year and I could use some opinions.

I have a fantasy bet with a friend we call the real fantasy sleeper bet. We have to pick a player that goes undrafted in 95 percent of of fantasy drafts.

The scoring is rush yards vs receiving yards and touchdowns. That means running back receiving yards do not count in point totals.

I picked Andrew Hawkins last year being I thought RGIII would help him get a qb and increase his numbers. I ended up losing but it was close until week 14.

My question to you guys is who would you have an eye on this year.
"I will torture him, I will crucify him,...REAL BAd!" - Clubber Lang

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Real fantasy sleeper

No score for this post
August 2 2017, 8:06 AM 

I have not seen ownership % yet on these guys (probably because few have drafted yet) but here are some thoughts?

Dwayne Allen TE, NWE (Gronk's handcuff alone may make him owned by over 5%, but if he isn't he is a no brainer...a good talent playing for a great QB on a passing team and behind a TE who frequently is injured, and is someone whom they typically rest if they can when games are out of hand or if/when he is injured).

Kenyan Drake, RB, Mia (Ajayaj's numbers outside of his long runs were not particularly good...not to say that he is in a position battle entering camp, but it is feasable that Ajayaj stinks and loses his job at some point or at least loses carries. Drake is in a position battle himself for the 2/3 spot, but I think that he has more upside than the #3 there and has potential to get goal line carries and get carries if the #1 gets injured or has poor play).

Phillip Dorsett, WR IND (the former 1st round pick has been a true bust, but he is still on the roster, and there is no real talk of them releasing him this season, so he is still fast, and I see a bit of a bounce back year for Luck and the Colts. He shouldn't be owned because he has proven absolutely nothing these past two years so he'd better have a <5% ownership lol. With all of that said his upside is still infinitely more than, say, Jerome Simpson ever had!

Paxton Lynch, QB, DEN (IMO Siemien is the first QB benched this season, or at least on a good team (who knows or cares what happens in Cleveland/SF), so I'm not sure how early you can make this pick, or if you have camp/preseason to mull this over, but this is a wait and see at best. To that point keep an eye on the Jacksonville situation...Bortles has had a rough camp so far, and who knows what happens there, but there would be a chance the Chad Henne plays, and that team does have some weapons in the passing game. Again, I would wait and see, but if Bortles has a horrible preseason, the leash may be short?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Whit
(Login whit28)

No qbs

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 6:00 PM 

Thanks I will keep an eye out for that Indy receiver.

Each person holds a veto and can veto a persons selection in case of say Calvin johnson coming out of retirement or Adrian Peterson going undrafted.

I am drawing a blank and have no ideas so far.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 6:10 PM 

Eric Ebron
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Stupid Offseason Acquistion

No score for this post
August 3 2017, 11:29 PM 

You're going to wonder what happened to Adrian Peterson's numbers next year. His weekly stats are going to go something like this:

9 carries, 78 yards, 1 TD.

WTF happened? Sean Peyton's about to happen to Adrian Peterson. That's what.

The guy has the dumbest offensive gameplan in the NFL. The Saints should never see 4th down next year. They will. Why? Peyton.

The guy sucks as a head coach. And even worse as an offensive coordinator.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
August 4 2017, 8:32 AM 

I use yahoo's numbers to they may be different, but at the moment Dorsett is at 4% and will probably hang around there barring a major injury or two, while Allen is at 9% and I would assume will climb. Drake is at 3% but who knows what happens with the Ajayi concussion injury. Also curious to see what happens with the Tannehill injury and how that effects value (for instance if they run with Matt Moore they will probably continue with business as usual to some extent so it would depend completely on Ajayi's performance or injuries, while if they sign Kaeprnick I could see them going more run heavy even possibly an option offense in which case someone like Drake becomes REALLY intriguing).

Here are also a few rookies...obviously rookies can be gambles but...

James Connor, RB PIT: He is currently at 4% and keep in mind that LaVeon Bell is still just one more doobie away from a 1 year ban, and he gets injured a lot. As of the minute Connor is #2 on their depth chart, although I believe that DeAngelo Williams remains unsigned and is a candidate to still reprise his role as the most valuable handcuff in Fantasy Football.

Braxton Miller, WR, HOU: If you are in a league with fellow Ohioans someone is going to take him if he is available anyways, but I suspect that his value will rise. If you are allowed to pick today and grandfather clause if he gains ownership he would be a great pick. I'm not being a homer...I truly think that he will have a nice role in Houston's offense!

Kenny Golloday, WR, DET: 3rd round pick as a #3 WR in Jim Bob Cooter's offense will get numbers even if he just stays in that role. 3% ownership currently

Whit
(Login whit28)

1st rounder not considered a sleeper

No score for this post
August 6 2017, 6:07 AM 

Eric Ebon would get vetoed based on the fact he is a first round draft pick and has expectation to produce going into the season. That's where the word real comes into play in real fantasy sleeper bet.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
August 7 2017, 5:30 AM 

well you said a player that goes undrafted in 95% of leagues, we shall see his overall ADP
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login whit28)

No score for this post
September 6 2017, 12:05 PM 

I was really looking at Dorsett but now with trade he might not make 95 percent eligibility. Now that its getting closer I would be open to suggestions.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 8:25 AM 

Here are my three picks (ownership values are Yahoo.com's):

Braxton Miller WR Texans: only 1% owned, and will get a chance early this season with Fuller suspended and Strong injured. He could pop and stay in the lineup regardless of what happens, and because of their mediocre QB situation, who knows, maybe he gets creative gadget plays etc. Again, not being a homer here...I think that he contributes.

Eli Rodgers WR Steelers: only 2% owned, the Steelers do try to use all of their weapons, and they probably have the worst or second worst luck with injuries (along with the Chargers) over the past half decade or so, so there is reason to believe that he stays relavent and can even be featured. He did well last season when he got a chance to play (48 receptions, 594, 3TDs) and that's with Ben missing some time with injuries.

Matt Breida RB 49ers: 4% owned, the Niners apparently LOVE this kid, as they outright released their other possible backups Hightower and Joe Williams. So he is Carlos Hyde's handcuff in an offensive scheme that is friendly to RB production. I also get the gist that they do not love Hyde, either, so there is opportunity to play aside from injury.

Good luck with whoever you pick.

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 3:21 PM 

Matt Breida RB 49ers: 4% owned, the Niners apparently LOVE this kid, as they outright released their other possible backups Hightower and Joe Williams. So he is Carlos Hyde's handcuff in an offensive scheme that is friendly to RB production. I also get the gist that they do not love Hyde, either, so there is opportunity to play aside from injury.

He did savage us here at GSU in the first ever GSU-fake GSU game but then again, everyone savaged us then (and most still do now). I was surprised no one took a flyer on him in the lower rounds.

BMN

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return