<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  
BMN
(Login bmncaper)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Bengals vs Chiefs

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 9:16 PM 

I see the starting offensive unit settled for FGs. So in other words: in fine mid-season Bengals form.

BMN

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
August 19 2017, 10:20 PM 

I didn't see the whole game but I saw enough to see that the bungs like the Reds are going to have a real tough time beating the good teams even at home esp. with that poor OL. Looks like a long season ahead similar to the Reds. We'll see next week how bad things are when they play their "dress rehearsal" game.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 8:15 AM 

I was at the game with my cruise director. What a waste of my time and money! I allowed myself to become optimistic about this team. I now realize that optimism was egregiously misplaced.

I can't remember a worse Bengal performance than the total meltdown I witnessed last night, even in the dark David Shula days. The defense was as porous as a sieve and the offense was even worse than Ken Zampese's first year. I don't even see these uninspired losers equalling last year's record. And Marvin Lewis acted like it was no big deal. I'm depressed. God STILL hates Cincinnati......... 5 and 11.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 10:06 AM 

The o-line and defense obviously didn't look good and there were no holes for Mixon or Hill to run through, much less any more of the backup RB's. Despite all this, I personally don't think I would get too worked up over this simply because it was just a preseason game. The redzone futility and lack of pass rush from the first team D for the second straight week was discouraging no doubt, but we didn't really get a full read on the first team offense and defense and if they can rebound from starting the game off spotty like they did last night and the week before since they didn't even play a full half. If this happens against the Ravens in 3 weeks then there's calls to be worried, otherwise I'm not hitting the panic button just yet.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
August 20 2017, 5:24 PM 

Here's what we DO know. The 1st offense hasn't scored a TD yet despite Andy Dalton playing nearly the entire 1st half. The defense looked abysmal last night. The safeties might as well not even have been on the field. The CB's can't get off their blocks and even if they could they can't tackle anybody.

The cut down rules are way different this year. But if teams are allowed to cut early I strongly advise them to do so because the likely starters and 2nd team need more work..... way more work. Kaevare (sp?) Russell can neither cover nor tackle. I could go on and on here but there are PLENTY of reasons to view that game in the most negative light possible.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
September 7 2017, 9:12 PM 

That loss isn't looking so bad now. The Chiefs look like a real contender now, they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with and the AFC better watch out. Blowing out NE on the road in primetime is a huge statement.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return