<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

College Football Talk

September 3 2017 at 9:35 PM
No score for this post

OldSchoolerFan  (Login oldschoolerfan)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 73.66.45.113

So the Hozers of Indiana gave the Buckeyes all they could handle for 3 QTRs. Then their "dedicated fans" decided to desert them for the exits after the 14-point deficit. Wow. Did the Buckeyes have a "Home" Game on Thursday Night? Sure did sound like it halfway through the 3rd.

Define SCREWED. You will see a picture of the Florida State Seminole Mascot above the meaning in the Webster's Dictionary. After hanging with the #1 Team in the country for a half, the Criminoles decided to roughly f*ck themselves by continually turning the ball over. FSU didn't even get the ball back offensively until halfway through the 3rd QTR. Letting Alabama score all the 2nd Half points. Then, in the meaningless final minutes, FSU's QB gets sacked. The defender rolls up on the QB's back of the leg. Knee injury. Out for the season. Promptly screwed.

BTW--Alabama didn't look incredibly sharp either. Until FSU started turning the ball over. I will bet that Alabama drops a couple of games this year. They will have issues against their in-state rival, Auburn. But they may still get in, since they are f*cking Alabama. What an ugly f*cking game.

Speaking of ugly, Michigan beats Florida. So f*cking what? Florida couldn't do sh*t against them. They couldn't run. They couldn't pass. They lacked an overall game plan and identity. I know Harbaugh has a hard-on for his defense. They are going to be good again. But don't expect to have those kinds of turnovers and not go 7-5. Ohio State will beat you. And so will Penn State if you play like you did against Florida. Spaeth got benched? Wow. WTF??!??!?!?!? That's not good.

I think the NCAA should be scared of a Nittany Lion. They really should. In the wake of what went on there recently, that's some kind of turnaround, don't you think? Barkley is my guy to win the Heisman. I think they may even WIN the Big 10 this year, and there is plenty of competition in the conference.

What is up with USC? Western Michigan is no pushover. But still. Come'on. Don't tell me you looked beyond them either. You keep that up, and a Husky is going to eat you for lunch, Trojan. So will the Trees from South Bay.

Wisconsin got lucky Utah State's Head Coach is a f*cking Delta Bravo. With a minute to go in the half, YOU RUN OUT THE CLOCK. You get what you deserve, Coach. And don't tell me you have no running game. Who's fault is that?

Also, I do believe Indiana is going to give some people headaches in the Big 10. The Hoosiers had Ohio State DOWN 21-20 midway through the 3rd QTR. That score doesn't tell the whole picture. They were actually holding their own until the QB fumbled deep in their own territory. OSU, of course, drove the ball and scored. Then they executed the 2-pt conversion. It was all downhill from there. Turnover after turnover.

Whoever says "there is no such thing as momentum in football" has no f*cking clue what they are talking about. Florida State was holding their own against Alabama, until their kick returner fumbled to start the 2nd half. He had a real damned bad game. Then they couldn't do sh*t. I still don't like Alabama's QB. I think I could have hit Ridley on that deep pass. That speed is just not fair.

There ya have it. wink.gif

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Sep 3, 2017 9:36 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

Re: College Football Talk

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 1:15 PM 

Well, UC got beat by about 40 points less than I thought they would today in the Big House, so there's that. Kept it close until the 4th quarter then the shoe dropped. After Austin Peay I thought that would be their only win of the year because of how sh!tty they played but after today my mind changed a little bit. Really feels like this team is gonna be tough to figure out after barely beating an FCS team that went 0-12 last year but then hanging tough against the #8 team in one of the toughest venues in the nation.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

UC

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 4:58 PM 

Has no hope. Of anything anytime soon. They, for some reason, are solely concentrated on Basketball. WHICH IS A TOTAL DUMB@ZZED MISTAKE, IMO.

YOU'RE F*CKING IN OHIO. A FOOTBALL STATE!!!!!! How in the hell does a program like UC not have a decent football squad?

Jesus. You have to be kidding me.

That athletic director must be a total moron. Yep. Keep on getting your azzes handed to you by Xavier in the Crosstown. Pay no attention to football. Little if any.

And why in the f*ck didn't you attempt to get into a more prestigious conference like the Big 12 with football?!??!!?!!?!?!?!?? Just wondering.

Bungleistic

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 7:10 PM 

Not disputing any of those facts, but one thing we can guarantee is that Fickell will be a much better recruiter than Tuberville. It may take a few years but I think he's got the program headed in the right direction. The program went downhill with Tubs at the helm and Fickell came in basically having to start from scratch with players that Tubs recruited. Also Fickell is a passionate, fiery and energetic coach and Tubs was the complete opposite, in other words, a carbon copy of Giggles. This city has seen it's fair share of lifeless coaches with its sports teams and I think energy is one thing Fickell brings to the table, and that could prove to be beneficial for this team in the long run. UC may have no hope right now but somewhere down the road they might if Fick keeps up the good work with recruiting. He obviously has a much better chance of getting this team into a power 5 conference than Tuberville did. I do think Mike Bohn made a good move with the Fickell hire. Maybe 2-3 years in the future I'll eat my words, maybe not. But IMO he is the right person for the rebuild job.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 174.233.132.153 on Sep 9, 2017 7:19 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 7:28 PM 

Where are our Ohio State homers? Unless things get better here in the 4th quarter, there will be some wailing tonight.

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 7:48 PM 

I've watched JT's numbers decline every year. He is now the worst QB I've ever seen at OSU.

Now that the Sooners have blown out the Buckeyes in their own house, perhaps Meyer will try another QB and get ready for next year now that this season is over.

Na, just kidding, he will go down with the ship.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
September 9 2017, 8:00 PM 

Barrett looked so good his first year. What the heck happened?

We're back to the kind of crap we saw with Terrelle Pryor. Can't rely on him in the big games.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

New Power in the West?

No score for this post
September 10 2017, 1:53 PM 

Well, now. Are we on the verge of seeing a brand-new kind of Oklahoma? One that doesn't play "lay down and die" in the big games under Bob Stoops?

....and yes, what has happened to TJ Barrett? He's not even considered for the Heisman. How are you in your senior season at a big program starting at QB for the Ohio State Buckeyes--and not being considered?

I'm betting the Bucks lose 2 more games (at least) this year. I don't know WTF is going on with that offense OR the Defensive Secondary. I do know that Barrett holds the ball too damned long, and they CANNOT STRETCH THE FIELD. WTF happened to the option?

If there is a pass play, and there isn't a sack, then the completion will go for BIG YARDAGE against the Buckeye Defense.

#2 rating was way too high for them this year. I'm thinking the Bucks deserve a #15 rating. They are going to get massacred by the Penn State Nittany Lions and possibly Michigan.

Bungletastic--UC is going to be alright--but they have to do something DRASTIC about their QB situation. Wow. You cannot do what Moore did yesterday. That throw into quadruple coverage was the worst piece of garbage ever. No wonder why Fickle was pissed about that. The Bearcats actually gave a Wolverine a better look than the Gators did. AND they probably should have won that game. Yeah, WON IT. Bearcats are SOLID on the defensive side. Especially upfront. Wolverines had bad difficulties running the ball. Speith is a terrible QB as well. And he has bad turnovers.

The Bearcats missed 2 big-time opportunities yesterday. One overthrow that should have went for a TD. Then one right on the money pass to the same receiver that should have went for 6. That would have made all the difference in the world....and the Bearcats would have set themselves up nicely for a big upset in Ann the Whore Arbor. But nope. They need a couple more years. And patience with Fickle. He's gonna be alright too.

I'm impressed with the way USC is winning. QB is still having some bad TO's and he makes mistakes....but they are electric. I can't see anybody else winning the Pac-12. Not even Washington.

I don't see anybody winning all their games this year. There is nobody that completely dominant. I didn't like Clemson yesterday against a 1-dimensional Auburn. Alabama isn't even looking smooth against non-FBS teams. Everybody has their flaws.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Sep 10, 2017 1:54 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
September 11 2017, 4:05 PM 

I'm still here. Pathetic display by Ohio. They get F grades across the board. Another overhyped and over ranked team. This team doesn't deserve to be playing with the big boys. And I say that because these kids look undersized vs Clemson, IU, and OU. I'm almost glad Baker Mayfield planted his flag inside the block O. It's a message that says FU Ohio.. this is my house now and I just killed you off. OSU is dead.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

T

No score for this post
September 11 2017, 4:10 PM 

Mayfield must have forgot the beating he endured last year, and he's playing hurt. Never show anybody up or that will lead to horrible things. I like the fire don't like the showing up business. I would have talked to him after he did that as a HC.

I'm betting he's injured by College Week 6.

One more thing. I like Urban Meyer right now as much as I like David Shaw. Are they both overhyped? It appears so right now.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Brees' Record is gone

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 5:01 PM 

So Ohio State has initial problems with Army before the collapse in the 2nd Half? The good news is JT Barrett is now the Big 10 record-holder for "Responsible TDs" or whatever the hell. The bad news is Urban Meyer's Crew still needs work to compete with real talent.

So Michigan had issues with Air Force " " " " " " " "? I just don't like being in the Top 10. They are probably the most undeserving. You could say Wisconsin but they have been blowing out their cupcakes.

It's not about whether I hate the Wolverines (I do) but it's whether or not they are worthy. They are not.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

UC

No score for this post
September 17 2017, 10:10 AM 

Great comeback win by UC last nite - 21-17 I believe. I thought the game was lost when Fickel went for it on 4th down on their own 35 yard line and failed - but they haung tough and won the game on a pick 6 very late in the 4th qtr.

I still think if UC can somehow get into a better conference they will have a chance. My fear now is if UC does better this year and the next Fickell will be snatched away and the revolving door of coaches at UC will continue. I think this year UC has an outside chance of becoming bowl eligible. It's too bad mikey's crew doesn't have the fight UC has.

PS. I wish that idiot Lewis was as good at making half time adjustments as Fickell is. Fickell did a great job of making adjustments at the half and UC basically controlled the game in the 2nd half.

This message has been edited by bengalbear from IP address 174.101.146.174 on Sep 17, 2017 10:15 AM

Bungleistic

No score for this post
September 17 2017, 10:47 AM 

I didn't get to watch the UC game because I was at work but I saw where they won on an INT return for a TD. Great win by the Cats indeed and i thought for sure going into the 4th quarter they would lose, but like you said they showed fight. I'll repeat that I think Mike Bohn made a good move with the Fickell hire, it's good to finally have a coach who knows how to make halftime adjustments which is something this city hasn't had the pleasure of seeing with the coaches of its sports teams. Combine that with his relentless energy and passion and motivation skills and I think you're in a really good position if you're UC. They may not be completely there yet but like I said earlier if Fickell keeps up the good work with recruiting then I think the cats are definitely on the come up, maybe even faster than expected if they manage to win 6 games this year. The future looks bright.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return