<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Irrational Fears

September 10 2017 at 6:08 PM
No score for this post

Fraidy Cat  (Login fraidycat)
MikeBrownSucks.com Forum Moderator
from IP address 70.162.73.156

As I've gotten older, at the beginning of each season I'll reflect more and more on the reasons why I started this site and how it could be perceived. It was obviously a stunt. I did it because it was funny and fun, and I honestly thought it might embarrass some people which could, in some small way, contribute to a change in approach.

But public stunts can cut both ways.

I've wondered how the public might react to the site if the Bengals came out as dominant force, winning the hearts and pride of the city and region. What if this team came out with a true blue-collar, "smack'em in the mouth" game? How would I look if ownership successfully resurrected the long dead, gritty, creative, and disciplined spirit of the Bengals of my childhood?

...and then I remember...

MIKE BROWN SUCKS

...so I crack a beer, sit back, and watch hilarity ensue.

GO TO VEGAS MIKE...AND TAKE GIGGLES WITH YOU!

- FC

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

psychostats
(Login psychostats)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Irrational Fears

No score for this post
September 10 2017, 6:18 PM 

Great to hear from our Grand Poobah, lol. Yeah, nothing to fear on that count. MBS will never seem like an oodball outlet for criticizing the Bungs. That's even more of a certainty than Mike Brown re-signing Marvin Lewis.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 10 2017, 6:29 PM 

Hello Dave, this site has since 2001 been a part of my life, although I don't post as much anymore I try to check in daily and have for years , have met some great people and greatly appreciate this site that you allowed us to be a part of
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

The Legend Returns

No score for this post
September 10 2017, 8:59 PM 

Holy crap. I thought Fraidy was...well, just paying the bills. wink.gif

Welcome back, dude. Making the hilarity legit since 2001. LOL

BTW--when are you bringing back the merchandise? You could probably make record sales this year.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
September 11 2017, 2:19 AM 

good to hear from ya Fraidy... update that W-L on the homepage if you get bored lol

I'd be perfectly happy if Mike takes his 'family' to Vegas.... ✌️ - better odds at a super bowl title w/ a gap w/ no team and an expansion at some point in the next 50 years than Mike's offspring stirring the ****

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
September 11 2017, 4:10 PM 

Still here too... since 2001.

Due to The Clown I'm not much a fan of the NFL anymore. If I do root it's for Cleveland.

Stephen A Smiths rant today hit nail on head. The bengals strive for mediocrity and will do so because the fans aren't smart enough to know the difference. Sheeeeep.

T

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
September 12 2017, 6:41 PM 

Nothing to fear of being embarrassed by a brown family NFL product,will never happen. You would honestly have to try to do worse than the clown family buffoons have done since Dad died

Synonymous Bengal
(Login BelkoTomTom)

No score for this post
September 13 2017, 11:51 AM 

Cheers and Happy to be present, counted and exceedingly appreciative of this place.
people always assess their own performance as "above average" even people who, when tested, actually perform at the very bottom of the pile. [Incompetent People Too Ignorant to Know It]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return