<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

How bad was my decision?

September 15 2017 at 9:01 AM
No score for this post

UKBengal  (Login ukbengal)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 78.151.136.103

So when I first heard American football on a crackly American Armed Network Radio station many moons ago, and then it appeared on TV over here, I had to make a decision. Who to support. At first the Redskins with a huge bloke running straight ahead (John Riggins) appealed, but for some reason I decided on the Bengals. Maybe it was the helmets, or a QB called Boomer, I can't really recall. I know I never like to choose the favourites, I mean where's the fun in that!

But here's my question. How bad, over these past few decades, was that decision? Could I actually have picked a worse team to support? Where your reason for supporting the Bungles could be due to your living in the area, or a bit like Catholicism it was what the family did, and therefore maybe you didn't really get a chance to choose for yourselves, I could. So, could that decision have been worse, would there have been an even crappier team to pick?

Anyhoo, here's to another underwhelming season.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

Re: How bad was my decision?

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 9:36 AM 

UK - throughout my travels I always come across people who say the bengals have the best helmets and colors. That's what draws people to them. I used to hate and despise the browns when I was young because that's what I was taught. Probably why kids grow up with hatred for others because that's what was ingrained. I now root for the browns and glad I woke up a very long time ago. The bungles are never ever going to win or go to the SB again. It with the family in charge. They have zero interest in winning. They only care about money and that's clear how they speak and treat the community of Cincinnati.

F the bungles

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

T and UK

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 11:49 AM 

The Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bungles are like Cigarettes:

The are not a safe alternative and will kill you in the end.

UK--if you would have picked the Redskins, you would have a decent couple of years Post-Riggins, then you would have what they have now--Daniel Snyder Hell. They are doomed until he decides that he's made enough or the Fans of DC run him out of town. Their fans are much better than Cincy Fans. They actually care about their team. They may care too much.

Instead, you chose the Bungles. Yikes. I don't think there could have been a worse decision. LOL

Even with the Browns, you know what you're getting. With the Bungles, you are given false promises and that "the grass is always greener in Cincinnati" BS rhetoric from our lovely owner. Then go on to re-sign Pac-Man Jones and Burfict. Letting 2 of your best offensive linemen walk...and then drafting the Mixon's of the world.

You know it's never too late, right? You can leave this organization in the dust. And don't give me this "I'm too old to start liking another team" sh*t. It's never too late. Go on. The Patriots Bandwagon is wide-open. The Steelers also have room. So do the Cheeseheads.

Might as well like a winner. You've paid your dues and then some. wink.gif

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Sep 15, 2017 11:51 AM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 6:30 PM 

You picked the right team you just have to like losing now lol

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 10:53 AM 

It could be worse man. You could be a Lions, Browns or Bills fan. Lions only have 1 playoff win since 1957, the Browns as you know are the Browns, they like the Lions have never been to a SB, and the Bills haven't even made the playoffs since 1999. At least the Bungs made the playoffs 5 years in a row and actually came to close to winning a playoff game 2 years ago, which is closer than those other 3 franchises combined have come to sniffing success in the playoffs. So yes there's actually 3 crappier teams you could have supported. Could be worse.

LCD
(no login)

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 11:17 AM 

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since Paul Brown died.

Mike Brown will die eventually. I'm not too optimistic when Katie (or whomever) takes over at that point, but MAYBE the organization will improve once it happens?

Mike Brown even looks like Charlie Brown, the Peanuts character. Born loser!

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
September 18 2017, 8:20 AM 

UKBengal, your logic was exactly the same as mine (helmets/Boomer), so don't feel bad, you're in good company.

At least I got to move to Atlanta, but then I got to experience the type of unique heartbreak the Bengals aren't good enough to approach.

BMN

UKBengal
(Login ukbengal)

No score for this post
September 20 2017, 10:40 AM 

Thanks guys.

At least I get to hang out on this forum. I can't remember when I joined up, but it continues to been fun.

Ok. Next question: Will there ever be a reason for me to visit Cincinnati and watch my third Bengals game?

I've seen two. A home lose to the Cardinals and then the 2009 home win over the Steelers (to be fair THAT was epic). Weirdly there were good reason for those two games, the first I was visiting with a mate who had been given the trip as an anniversary present, and the second game just after my marriage went phoom! (Wow, this site has just morphed into an agony aunt page) which all sounds a bit 'ying-yang'ish.

So in the meantime I shall watch each Bengals result rolling in with that initial anticipation of a win, then seeing the emotions change to hoping they get a slaughtered and Lewis walks off into the sunset...but not in the way Clint Eastwood rides off at the end of Pale Rider...I think that analogy needs a cliff into it!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return