<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Ken Zampese Fired

September 15 2017 at 12:04 PM
No score for this post

SF2  (Login SaintsFanToo)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 64.129.242.234

In another round of moving deck chairs the Captain of the HMS Bengals, Mike Brown, has fired Offensive Coordinator Ken Zampese. He will be replaced by QB coach Bill Lazor who was a bad OC at Miami.

Marvin Lewis was seen clapping.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

Re: Ken Zampese Fired

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 12:34 PM 

Let's see how Lazor does, surely he can't be worse than Zampese. Now hopefully Marvin resigns at the end of the year and we go 0-16 so we can draft a QB next year!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 12:50 PM 

I'm more hoping that the clown will be afflicted with Alzheimer's,dementia,or any other unmentioned disease which will force the Captain of the Titanic away from his duties permanently. Lumina

PS. The big dirt nap would work as well but I don't want to wish that on uh,maybe,uh anyone in particular

Synonymous Bengal
(Login 72360)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 2:02 PM 

So when does Marvin get his next extension?

SF2
(Login SaintsFanToo)

Zampese

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 2:02 PM 

It wasn't a secret to any of the preseason prediction types that letting 2 high quality linemen go and replaced them with two cinder blocks was probably going to have a negative effect on the offense. That is why most of them predicted 5 to 6 wins at most.

Zampese was screwed as soon as he took the job last year. He watched Jones and Sanu leave to be replaced by a New England reject and a rookie.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 2:42 PM 

Zampese as OC was an all-time bad. I feel bad for the guy (he had been a good servant in a number of capacities) but it was evident even last season that he was way in over his head as OC. Last night honestly is probably as bad of a loss that the Bengals have had during the entire Marvin era. That was a dreadful offensive performance against a team in which seemingly half of their roster was injured or suspended.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 3:18 PM 

Worse than Dave Shula? Or Dick Lebeau? I wonder which of the bung players will fly the coop in a huff next. It was Cory Dillon when he threw his pads into the gallery and quit and next was CP when he refused to work one more minute for mikey. Will AJ reach the saturation point and do something similar rather than let himself become totally bungalized? This might get interesting this Christmas.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 3:36 PM 

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being surprised. This is very out of character for Mike Brown's team. Wow.

When Bob Bratkowski finally left, Zampese wasn't an obvious choice for promotion, because look at who he coached under. When Jay Gruden left, it seemed like he was ready, but everybody knew that Hue Jackson, the former head coach, would get the gig.

So when Hue left it was Zampese's time at last. He had served under two effective OC's, and there weren't any red flags. Oops.

I think SF2 is right about him getting the shaft. Yes, he was shafted when the team let both Mohammed Sanu and Marvin Jones leave in the same offseason. Yes, he was shafted again when the team let both Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler go the following offseason. But he had also been shafted before either of those occurrences when the team drafted Cedirc Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher in the same draft. It would have sucked for Zampese if the Bungs had only let one of the wide receivers and one offensive lineman go, while only drafting one of those two busts. But the Bungs double-shafted three times.

So I don't know if things will get much better. Lazor likely won't be as predictable and will use his personnel better, but there's only so much that anyone can do with that line.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Sep 15, 2017 6:08 PM

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

I know one thing

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 5:51 PM 

Why would you call a play that requires a QB Rollout to JJ Watt's side with him being unblocked?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?

Do you hate Andy Dalton? Not like his children? Want them to be fatherless??? WTF???

He's not going to be covering the flats. He will be coming. I just don't understand that one at all.

Maybe Zampese doesn't like QBs that much.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 6:29 PM 

"Why would you call a play that requires a QB Rollout to JJ Watt's side with him being unblocked?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?

Do you hate Andy Dalton? Not like his children? Want them to be fatherless??? WTF???

He's not going to be covering the flats. He will be coming. I just don't understand that one at all.

Maybe Zampese doesn't like QBs that much."

Maybe it was his way to try and override Marvin and get McCarron in the game lol

------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 6:52 PM 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1452718587

So Bronco and Murf loved the Zampese hire lol
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Amity Lane
(Login amitylane)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 8:47 PM 

Lol, like anyone gives a f*ck about Murf's opinion.

I'm not sure what to make of the Zampese fire. One one hand, it's the management being proactive in a football operation decision - something unheard of in the Bungles organization. On the other hand, it's the elevation of a totally unqualified person to a massively influential position - par for the course.

In other words: Who the f*ck is Bill Lazor?

Or to put it in an internet meme way:

I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCj8Yzx15BA

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 9:11 PM 

Shula and Lebeau were not the offensive coordinator. Zampese is the worst Bengals OC that I can really remember. Keeping in mind that Shula actually had Coslett for a while and Lebeau had Ken Anderson and Bratkowski.

Maybe Pope was worse, but remember that Pope had to coach Klingler.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 9:15 PM 

True Zampese wasn't the most knowledgeable/talented OC out there but this has to come back to mikey. Mikey let all these guys walk and made Zampese's job 100X harder. I don't think even Bill Walsh could have done much better.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
September 15 2017, 10:13 PM 

what caused the Clown to make the change?

1939?
2 home losses?
A.J. Green?
50th Anniversary embarassment?

Guessing all of it combined. #PerfectStorm Sheep have been louder than usual

most vocal I've ever seen AJ, he did essentially call out Zampese

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
September 16 2017, 9:01 AM 

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. This OL is one of the worst I've seen even going back to the lost decade. I don't care if you bring in the most talented OC out there - if the OL doesn't work the so called skilled people won't work either.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return