No score for this post
December 24 2017, 6:29 PM 

Update:

Hue Jackson - Browns - 0-15

Vance Joseph - Broncos - 5-10

Marvin Lewis - Bengals - 6-9

Jay Gruden - Redskins - 7-8

Mike Zimmer - Vikings - 12-3

Good old Mike Zimmer - he achieved 12 wins in 4 years. Marvin hasn't done it in 15 even in years where experts thought they had a lot of talent and could go to the Super Bowl like 2015 and 2013 seasons. He also got a bye week. How many times did the Bengals play on Wildcard Weekend without a bye? Seven out of seven times.

--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

This message has been edited by KaBTK from IP address 45.59.45.92 on Dec 24, 2017 7:22 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: The Marvin Lewis Coaching Tree

No score for this post
December 24 2017, 7:21 PM 

Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

This message has been edited by KaBTK from IP address 45.59.45.92 on Dec 24, 2017 7:21 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
December 25 2017, 11:42 AM 

Who didn't know that letting Zimmer get away was a bad move?
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
December 25 2017, 3:31 PM 

Letting Mike Zimmer walk was the dumbest move Mike Brown has made. I've adopted the Vikings as a second team. I hope they win a Super Bowl. It would be a cherry on top if they beat the Stealers.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
December 25 2017, 5:07 PM 

My brother has been a lifelong Vikings fan, he's very happy to have Zimmer, he said only the Bengals would let him get away while having such a turd of a coach

Rooting for the Vikings myself , would thoroughly enjoy Zimmer winning a SB as you know Marvin and Mike Brown will be rooting against him, stick it to them Zimmer
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 7:33 AM 

The Vikings won't win a playoff game this year.

In fact, they absolutely resemble the Marvin/Gruden/Zimmer era Bengals that had a lot of regular season success by feasting on bad competition (they are chalk in that they take care of business against lesser teams) but will end up finishing the season without a road win vs a playoff team, and their only quality wins are vs the Rams (very good win...the Rams are good and well coached) and week 1 vs the Saints (when they were still trying to use Adrian Peterson and did not resemble their own selves from week 2 on).

This message has been edited by wyche from IP address 24.252.254.13 on Dec 26, 2017 7:41 AM

K
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 2:19 PM 

Interesting your brother is a Vikings fan, Storm. I'm presuming he grew up with you in Cincinnati, so it's interesting he chose the Vikings.

I think Zimmer should win at least the first playoff game, but I would point out that the Vikings seem to be cursed as well, so them losing is sadly not outside the realm of possibility. I didn't know until I started rooting for them, but their history is riddled with misfortune. They lost 4 Super Bowls. Obviously, I haven't followed the team very long, but I remember Brett Favre's interception in the NFC Championship and then Blair Walsh missing a 27 yard FG in the playoffs the day after the infamous Meltdown At Paul Brown.

History of their curse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp1rApa-oIA

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

Vikings chances

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 3:40 PM 

I agree the Vikes look similar to the Bungs and on the road I'd have less faith in them.

The difference is Zimmer is almost certainly going to be better at firing up his guys and making game day choices.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 3:45 PM 

"Interesting your brother is a Vikings fan, Storm. I'm presuming he grew up with you in Cincinnati, so it's interesting he chose the Vikings. "

Not sure how or why he chose the Vikings living in the Northern Ky area in the 70s, probably had a lot to do with Fran Tarkington and how bad the Bengals were back then
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 6:54 AM 

It will be interesting to see if there truly is a curse of the Bengals coaching tree here.

They were just talking about on NFL Network that the Vikings already have permission to keep their home lockers for the Superbowl if they make it (the NFC is the road team this year and in amy other case the AFC Champs will occupy the Vikings home lockers). Also with the expectation that the Eagles lose with
Nick Foles the Vikes are basically in any normal scenario they are the favorites to win it all at this point. A lot of pressure on Zimmer IMO.

This message has been edited by wyche from IP address 174.232.5.244 on Dec 31, 2017 9:21 AM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return