<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Reality Show

No score for this post
September 27 2017, 7:43 PM 

I think also that Trump misses his TV days with "The Apprentice" and he is deliberately making more of this than should be. He wants the publicity and to stir things up just as he did with his TV show. Also I believe he minored in theater in college so he has a flair with all this. Unfortunately as a leader this whole act of his is unbecoming as a leader and he needs to bring the country together rather than create this extreme antagonism. If he keeps on this path he might be a one term president and he can get back to his reality TV shows.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OldSchooler
(Login oldschoolerfan)

A Tale of Two Coaches

Score 4.0 (1 person)
September 27 2017, 8:43 PM 

"As for the reason that they lost this game Tomlin lets the team lose focus. The players were more worried about the protest than they were the Bears. They couldn't even coordinate their response right (i.e. word came out that Villanueva did not mean to do what he did, and that Ben, a Trump fan, was upset that they even protested). As unified as 29 other teams were (including that Marvin coached team) the Steelers looked worse than anyone else.

I know for a fact many Steelers fans would trade Tomlin for Marvin straight up any day."

Holy crap, dude. Very good post. And good redirect on the thread. Could you just imagine if Marvin Lewis coached the Steelers since Bill Cowher stepped down? Marvin could have 3 rings in that time period. He's way more focused as a coach and....IMO, calls a better game.

You would think that with that personnel, the Steelers would have more rings than just 2 Rings in the last 20 years. With those guys? Really?

You're telling me the Patriots' Rosters were that much better? Big Ben isn't that far off from Tom Brady.

....and yes, I love it that the Steelers lost in that fashion to the Bears. Total mental breakdowns all over the place. That last play, especially. They looked lost. Karma gets you in the end, you bunch of f*cking smartazzes.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

Re: The Lucksburg Stoolers at it again

No score for this post
September 28 2017, 4:50 PM 

'One maybe dumb quick question - I know there might not be any data on this - but of all the NFL games that have been played how many fans didn't stand? I'd like to know that if possible."

There are some that sit but from my observations most people do stand for the anthem at games

However how many of these fake patriots stand in their homes during the anthem , funny thing is I was in Nashville Saturday night and a band played the anthem, it got a sitting ovation after it was over, not one person in the place got out of their chairs to stand but were conversing at how sorry these players were, they didn't even realize the hypocrisy

I can end this controversy once and for all, All you fake patriots need to just ignore these kneeling players like you ignore the veterens when they return from war
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
September 28 2017, 4:58 PM 

One other thing - I checked and there still is not a law that says you have to stand for the Anthem. I understand those that don't have their own agendas but they pay their taxes same as I do and it is their perogative to do as they see fit and not be brow beaten by some lunatic in Washington who probably didn't serve in the military anyway.

"Trump was not drafted during the Vietnam War, and he did not enlist either as a volunteer or as a Reserve Officer Training Corps candidate.[23] While Trump was in college from 1964 to 1968, he obtained four student deferments.[24] In 1966, he was deemed fit for service based upon a military medical examination, and in 1968 was briefly classified as fit by a local draft board. In October of that year, he was given a 1-Y medical deferment,[25] which was attributed to heel spurs.[26] In 1969, he received a high number in the draft lottery, which gave him a low probabilty to be called to military service.[25][27][28]"

This message has been edited by bengalbear from IP address 174.101.146.174 on Sep 28, 2017 5:01 PM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
September 29 2017, 7:44 AM 

[​IMG]

How do I post images on here?

Anyhew, it is hysterical. It is a picture of the 3 stars of the Steeler logo saying "Kneelers" instead.

Hilarious!

This message has been edited by theydey from IP address 140.254.70.165 on Sep 29, 2017 7:45 AM

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
September 29 2017, 7:52 AM 

theydey
(Login theydey)

No score for this post
September 29 2017, 2:19 PM 

So what did more to kill football? Mike Brown or the recent Pittsburg Kneelers?

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 29 2017, 2:49 PM 

NFL sales have been going down for several years, waiting for the conservatards to blame the players kneeling

BTW did you see all the empty seats at Lambeau?
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

decline in NFL popularity?

No score for this post
September 29 2017, 6:59 PM 

I'm not sure there's been a decline but if there has it's probably a trend that has little to do with Kaepernick.

Part of it might be due to the headlines about concussions and brain issues. Part of it might be changing consumer tastes. But I think a substantial role is just the greed of the owners... the cost of attending an NFL game has risen far faster than inflation and way way faster than Joe-Six-Pack's spendable income has risen (the spendable income of a Joe-Six-Pack is probably about the same as it was in 1980, in real dollars). Not to mention that in 1980 some people still had black and white television (that would be my poor family for example). Now you can buy a huge flat screen for essentially the same cost in real dollars. Here's an article from 2012 before Kaepernick about this very topic:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-rising-ticket-prices-and-technology-are-leading-nfl-fans-to-stay-home

Look at boxing. That used to be popular. It used to be affordable to attend. And we didn't used to know how much brain damage it was causing.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
September 30 2017, 7:49 AM 

NFL attendance and ratings were on the decline before Kaepernick, so up until a week ago I would agree completely with the above post. This whole narrative since last season about Kaepernick single handily killing ratings was a made up narrative from the right.

However, as much as the events of the last eight days are about the President deliberately trying to fire up his base and divide the country, he has succeeded in many ways. I have spoken to people who insist that they are "finished" with the NFL. However they own fantasy teams etc so I want to see how that will work, but the current narrative is more real than the one over the past 55 weeks or so before that. Not to mention that 1. Trump promoted Nascar, which will fire up his base, and 2 portions of his base from the deep south etc will probably double down on their love for college football as well. So again, I believe in the narrative this time.

With all of that said the NFL will survive just fine for one, and besides, to the above point because of fantasy, gambling, tailgating, going to bars, watching with friends, etc, I am curious to see how serious the boycotting crowd is.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
September 30 2017, 12:40 PM 

Yeah I have the same thoughts about people with their fantasy teams, my guess is oncce this blows over they will forget all about it , funniest thing is all the people who never watch it saying they are boycotting lol
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return