<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: Mike Pence leaves game do to Anthem Protests

No score for this post
October 10 2017, 8:50 PM 

"Bunch of f*cking hypocrites. Both you are your buddies are, Bear."

Making a mountain out of a molehill here. I wouldn't want to be identified with anything about Trump or things that he says or does at this point.

This message has been edited by bengalbear from IP address 174.101.148.91 on Oct 11, 2017 6:34 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

No...you don't say

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 8:18 AM 

No sh*t, Bear? Say, what are you up to on November 4th? Probably getting tear-gassed by some cop that's properly doing his job.

Nah.....this will probably be you and WCB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx73s2JHE3c

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

No...you don't say

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 8:18 AM 

No sh*t, Bear? Say, what are you up to on November 4th? Probably getting tear-gassed by some cop that's properly doing his job.

Nah.....this will probably be you and WCB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx73s2JHE3c

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 9:49 AM 

Sounds like you are one of Trump's disciples. Are you going to join the Trump 3rd Reiche?

Fulcher
(Login Fulcher-the-Vulture)

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 4:25 PM 

Last post on this subject have stated how I feel.

Questions I have is why now did politics get involved even in our sports? Shouldn’t we be able to watch a sport we love to watch without politics? Why can’t they protest social justice before the Anthem or after the Anthem or at any time other than the maybe 2 minuets the Anthem is played?

Also, the National Anthem has never been shown on TV except for the Super Bowl . Why did every network who usually uses that time to show commercials wanted to pump down are face entire teams siting, nealing, or stating in the locker room? Was the first time the Anthem was shown besides the Super Bowl and they wanted 2 weeks ago to make sure they stired the pot and ran with it as the main discussion.

I don’t care if Roger Goodell orders them to stand or not and honestly don’t think people should be ordered to do something against their will just to get people watching again. I’m done anyway this year and like I said got a refund on my Sunday ticket. Next year if professional football wants to stay out of politics I will watch again.

I have been on this website for at least 5 years probably longer and every year. Everyone says stop political posts when the season starts and most do. However now the game we love is political. Is there nothing we can watch anymore that does not drag politics into it?

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 11 2017, 5:40 PM 

A lot of it is Trump. He is politicizing this big time and even claiming victory in coercing the nfl to do what he says. This is a bad president folks and he is turning his whole presidency into a mockery and also a reality show.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:05 AM 

Just can't believe there would even be much of a controversy if some politicians would have simply ignored the side show. Expressing moral outrage just fuels both extremes.

In Komrade Trump's case, he's desperate for any kind of storyline diversion from his Putin Puppet status. The diversion might work for his base. It's not going to affect the Mueller investigation.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 3:05 AM 

Just can't believe there would even be much of a controversy if some politicians would have simply ignored the side show. Expressing moral outrage just fuels both extremes.

In Komrade Trump's case, he's desperate for any kind of storyline diversion from his Putin Puppet status. The diversion might work for his base. It's not going to affect the Mueller investigation.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 8:13 AM 

Knowing good fans of multiple teams including the Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Rams, 49ers, and Colts, I have come to a few conclusions:

1. this boycott is real. For how long who knows but Falc is not alone and is not a hypocrite. Back to the free speech thing, Falc and others truly are boycotting the NFL over this. I live in suburban Cleveland...I am in the civilized suburbs but am not to far from the deliverance areas such as Brunswick and south...there are VFWs and signs that say that they will not air NFL games. I have a friend who is a Steelers fan who is from West Virginia...he is not boycotting, but his dad who is probably upper 50s/lower 60s claims to be boycotting the NFL. I have a good friend who is more heavily invested into fantasy than I am (and my leagues include $250 and $100 buy-ins as well as $100 and $50 for pick'ems, so I and this guy is even more invested than that) and he claims that he will do exactly what Falc said (finish out the fantasy season) but is not watching. Other than a VFW not airing the games and wondering how many people still go to those VFWs on those Sundays, it is impossible to tell but by word of mouth there are many boycotting. My point being is don't pile on Falc. I do feel false outrage from many, but Falc's points all are actually genuine. To simply put, while there is a special place in Hell for grand standers like Mike Pence and Sean Hannity, Falc is not in that group lol!

2. To my original statement, I think some has to do with the team that one roots for. I have not heard a serious Steelers fan actually boycott. For instance, the said fan above was texting with his son during the game just last week and blasting Ben, etc. So either he was watching or following stattracker etc. I think that good teams' fans will be less likely to boycott. I know Steelers fans who served...none of them boycotting the Steelers. Praising Villaneuva and pointing out how poorly executed their protest was in Chicago, but not boycotting them. Same with Patriots fans, and even the Rams fan I know is excited that his team is finally good again (much like we were in 2005). However, Browns fans again have an easy copout to not watch their team. Boycott the NFL. Support the Indians (up until last night). Support the Cavs (although LeBron is more outspoken against Trump and police brutality and race than any single Browns player) because they have a chance to win a championship. Support the Buckeyes who can still sneak into the playoff maybe. Etc. The 49ers fan is a conservative and has not been outspoken either way. Then, of course, the Bengals fans will be the most interesting. If they get back into the division race, they will be the litmus for if performance can change fans' views.

3. The Pittsburgh Penguins played thing perfect this past week with their White House visit. The Penguins are co-owned by a French Canadian conservative Catholic Republican (Mario Lemieux, mostly on taxes and anti-abortion stances) and Ron Burkle (a California based Democratic strategist for Clinton, Gore, and I believe Kerry) and their team president David Morehouse also was some kind of Democratic strategist I think for President Obama in 2008. With this whole firestorm, their White House visit was absolutely apolitical. The Pens appear to be dealmakers with the dealmaker in chief. My guess is that they told him "let's not embarrass you by not showing-up, as long as you don't embarrass us by making us a political pawn." Sure enough, no mention from Trump of hockey players being morally superior to NFLers or the Golden State Warriors. No mention of anthem protests. A NAFTA joke saying that "Mario should help with the negotiations" and calling the players (most of whom are Canadian lol) "patriots" was as political as it got. The Pens did not honor tradition in that they did not give him a jersey with his name on it (Obama got the 44 jersey twice), but they did give him a gift (a Penguins golf bag, albeit not presented on camera). Basically, everyone left with their dignity. The Pens did not alienate their fan base. The Pens did not alienate their Canadian fan base (Crosby was getting a lot of pressure to lead a boycott from the Canadian media). They left with their dignity. And Trump left with his dignity (Trump not getting a jersey is not a headline...he was probably happier with the golf bag anyways, and I doubt that President Obama ever wore his 44 jersey anyways lol). The NFL on the other hand keep fanning the flames, which keeps Trump's narrative alive. Basically if they pulled a Penguins and simply ignored Trump/humored Trump a bit this firestorm would not be that.

4. Back to the point of fans, though. Penguins fans probably lean more conservative as does Western PA, although Allegheny County is still blue. Demographics of Penguins fans also likely lean Republican (hockey fans tend to be the wealthiest). But they are in a divided red/blue area so them wanting to not alienate anyone is very pragmatic. If I have not mentioned before, Mario Lemieux may be the best owner in sports and is the anti-Mike Brown lol. Golden State Warriors fans represent oober liberal Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose. So them making a liberal stance actually helps their brand. Steve Kerr being outspoken against Trump and racism actually helps their brand. They are not worried what some deliverance Alabaman thinks of them. The NFL however is such a popular entity that they need to toe the line better.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 12 2017, 10:48 AM 

"1. Not religious
2. Actually ANTI-RELIGIOUS.
3. Believe everybody has the right to choose. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. The government has no say in what a woman can or can't do to their bodies. That is a violation of the highest order
4. Gays have the same right to get married as the rest of us. Just stop throwing it in my f*cking face is all.
5. I'm sure there are others but this is the top 4 that get me kicked out of every right wing establishment that I can think of."

Those are wedge issues that have been around before W that I basically ignore. You left out some big ones like military spending and how to handle these types of wars, taxes, obamacare, the deficit, gun control , the economy, nafta and other trade issues. Those are the ones I focus on. As far as your position on kneeling - that position you take is pretty far to the right - maybe Murf right.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return