<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Dusty Loses Again

October 12 2017 at 9:54 PM
Score 4.0 (1 person)

bengalbear  (Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 174.101.148.91

To the wildcard Cubs. He honed his craft well in Cincy - one of the loser capitals in this country.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
BMN
(Login bmncaper)

Re: Dusty Loses Again

No score for this post
October 13 2017, 9:33 AM 

Dusty was honing his playoff f*(*ery before Cincy. Games 6-7 of the 2003 NLCS were a monument to his postseason incompetence.

One of my best friends who is a big Braves fan (and thus a big Nats hater) pretty much celebrated the day they hired Dusty. He told me right then: "the Braves now have several years to re-build....meanwhile he will waste their good years."

BMN

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Lumina
(Login 72360)

Really?

No score for this post
October 14 2017, 1:31 PM 

Given the present trash we have in the deds organization,Dusty Baker looks like Casey Stengel to me
I'd take play off appearances and meaningful baseball games after May compared to the 4 (and counting) straight
Years of 90+ losses

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 14 2017, 5:53 PM 

Geez, Lumina. Alter your post a bit, and it could work as a defense for Marvin Lewis. Gak!

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

Dusty is Marvin with better motivational skills

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 15 2017, 12:13 PM 

In 2012 even with Cueto going down the Reds still might have had a shot but Dusty insisted on playing his veteran-y third baseman instead of Frazier who got 7 plate appearances in four (of five) games against the Giants... Rolen did next to nothing in 16 plate appearances. That kind of thing is like using AJ Green as a decoy in the first half of a game they probably wouldn't have won, but the leader is reducing their chances via stupid decisions.

Difference between the two is that Dusty seems to motivate his players pretty well whereas Marvin they probably tune out with all his shoveling speeches.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
October 20 2017, 9:24 AM 

http://amp.fox5dc.com/sports/dusty-baker-will-not-return-as-manager-of-washington-nationals

Dusty gone! Considering his postseason ineptitude I don't see why anyone would want to hire him unless they're satisfied with one and done playoff appearances which is what the owners of our Cincy sports teams pride themselves on.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 20 2017, 2:03 PM 

It's deja vu all over again. Dusty is the Marvin Lewis of baseball.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return