<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  
Ka
(Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: 2017 Week 7 Game Thread: Bungs at Stoolers

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:11 PM 

Whitworth? We don't need no stinkin' Whitworth.

Anyway, Bengals jumped and gave the Stealers 4 more downs.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Ka
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:12 PM 

Deer in the headlights Marvin.

No clapping or crouching.
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Synonymous Bengal
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:13 PM 

I'm done with this game. I'm pulling a swamp.

Ka
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:15 PM 

Bengals think they stopped them, but then Stealers fake the punt with a long pass to that old Raider Heyward Bey.

Ka
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:21 PM 

Another 3 points. Bengals out of time outs.

Their FG kicker hit 5 FGs - which is a Heinz Field Record.
He hit 6 last time he played the Bengals.
That's 11 FGs in 2 games against the Bengals. SMH!

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:23 PM 

All the skeptics were right. You can't have a struggling O-line and then let your two best linemen go in free agency. And expect to have a competitive team.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Oct 22, 2017 4:27 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

29-14 Stoolers, Final

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:36 PM 

I'm glad that I've grown apathetic in the last two years.

When I look at the remaining 10 games, I see at best five wins. That would be 7-9 and a half game improvement over last year.In the long run that would not be a good result, as everyone would like to see a reset. But Marvin Lewis will likely hold the ship together. And even if he doesn't, he's keeping his job.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:53 PM 

I too feel much more apathetic. There were a time such losses would bum me out, especially against the Stealers. Now I expected it, and I honestly am not upset.

I do differ with you still, Psycho, in that I think Marvin could be gone after this year if they don't make the playoffs or have a winning record. Although, 8-8 or a big DCB could also save him.

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 4:58 PM 

Was watching the RZ channel and no games seemed compelling at halftime, including this one, so I bailed. Not really much suspense in the AFC, I'm afraid. It's the Pats, Chiefs and Steelers and maybe the Raiders. None of the other teams winning games are all that impressive (and that's considering some of the aforementioned teams aren't that impressive either).

Voldemort has three singular talents (Ben, Bell, Brown) and that, plus a HC that isnt perpetually drowning in his own incompetence, covers for a lot. Heck, Brady/Belichick/Gronk cover for an otherwise underwhelming Pats lineup.

Bengals have quite a few GOOD players but none singular enough to cover for dingis. Green was on that level for awhile but Brown and a few other WRs have left him behind.

BMN

This message has been edited by bmncaper from IP address 172.58.3.129 on Oct 22, 2017 5:11 PM

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 22 2017, 6:28 PM 

Believe me, Katie, nothing would please me more than to see the Bengals moving on from Marvin Lewis and then hiring an intriguing replacement. I've just seen way to much of Mike Brown sitting on his hands for all these years.

The time to do that was when Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson were still around. It would take an ultra-charismatic to make any difference, and guys like that don't grow on trees.

Hook
(Login TrooperHook)

No score for this post
October 23 2017, 6:41 AM 

A junior varsity offensive line and a Turk Shonert quarterback played about as well as could be expected. Lamenting about coaching has always been a misprioritized fixation during the Mikey years.

The Bungle misfortunes have always been straightforward. Mikey sucks at GM. Mikey puts dogmeat on the field at too many positions.

The bungs suck because Mikey sucks. As always, it's hilarious to watch the Mike Brown riff raff go down. And it's Christmas come early when Sheep call WLW with shrieks of confused horror.

May the Agony of the Sheep endure forever.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No Surprise

No score for this post
October 23 2017, 8:09 AM 

I expected this from the get go. The most important part of the offense - the OL mikey let go to seed and threw out the best players. It will take some time to rebuild it and bring it up to speed provided mikes drafts well and that's a big IF. Mikey has reverted back to the mean in recent years and the team now resembles the teams of the 90's. The defense got worn down in the 2nd half because the offense played so poorly. At best the bungs are a middlin team and even those will make the playoff once in a while. Now they are a bottom feeder.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return