<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Question

October 26 2017 at 6:47 AM
No score for this post

Bungleistic   (Select Login Bungleistic)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 174.233.12.25

Should the Bungs tank it the rest of the way or try to win the most games possible? Obviously the answer is they should tank it but even if they do get a good pick next year it won't matter because they'll just waste it on another guy like China Doll Ross. Mikey's draft incompetence from the 90's is back and better than ever.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 174.233.12.25 on Oct 26, 2017 6:58 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: Question

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 7:30 AM 

Ah yes the return to the days of Kijuana Carter David Klingler and Big Daddy Wilkinson. Can we bring back Tim Krumrie to help out with the physical conditioning? The bungs have reverted back to the mean in a big way.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

given the correlation of value to draft position there's no question: TANK

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 12:03 PM 

Independent of whether Mikey Boy is a jackass, a team should tank if they cannot make the playoffs. If you get the top pick and you don't like the board, you trade down. Mikey Boy not only doesn't know how to draft well but he doesn't know how to move around on draft day. This year the Bungs were content to use their 11 picks even though they desperately needed STARTERS on the OL (and WR). Another team might have packaged some of the later rounds picks to move up. Or traded later rounds picks this year for next year's draft to move up (which is giving up on getting starters for this year, but at least admitting that your 10th pick this year is unlikely to make the squad)

(Ironically one of the biggest mistakes turned out to be drafting a good kicker but then having an "open competition" as if preseason kicking is the same level of pressure as the real thing... the Eagles will be enjoying Elliott's services for years to come while a couple years from now the Bungles will be looking for a new kicker)
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

This message has been edited by WhenPBSFreezesOver from IP address 104.132.0.67 on Oct 26, 2017 12:05 PM

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

If you know this...

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 12:04 PM 

....and you are frustrated, then why are you still going to the games???

You are simply ENABLING Mike Brown to be incompetent.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Oct 26, 2017 12:06 PM

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

I stopped going to games ten years ago!

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 12:06 PM 

I haven't been to a Bungles game since 2006. Marvin Lewis head-faked me into thinking they were actually going to improve in spite of jackass Mike Brown. I haven't bought any Bengals merch since 2006.
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 6:03 PM 

I keep perspective for now...they are 2-2 with Lazor calling the plays with those two losses being to the Rodgers Packers at Lambeau and to the Steelers at Heinz. In terms of winnable games literally every game remaining on the schedule is winnable (they don't have to play the Patriots or Chiefs for instance).

The AFC is wide open, and they definitely are not going to outsuck the Browns or Colts or 49ers or Palmerless Cardinals anyways. And while there are probably some better teams competing for those spots, some have tougher schedules (i.e. the Chargers).

Gun to head I actually see 8 or 9 wins which may or may not be enough for a playoff spot, but if they do miss the Baltimore game is the one that I'm sure that they would want back. Otherwise they have been chalk this season to date.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
October 26 2017, 7:28 PM 

How can anyone be frustrated at this point? this site was formed 17 years ago and its the longest running Bengals message board, do you have any idea of why? because they suck, its continueous suckitude or like 24 off the last 27 years if all of a sudden you become frustrated I have to wonder if you are functionally retarded

Sorry
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
October 27 2017, 9:55 AM 

I'm sure everyone here is well acquainted with the arguments against tanking. It messes with team chemistry, morale, and motivation. It may stunt the development of younger players as "quality reps" are key. It could lead to injuries of star players, as injuries tend to happen more frequently when players aren't focused and motivated. Some of those injuries could be serious to the point of being career-threatening.

The Bungs have never been that big on performance incentives, but there are a few scattered across the team, are there not? Tanking will tee-off a player who needs to reach a milestone or two and can't do it because the team is now a self-made moving train wreck. That's a big step along the road of Bungalization.

Tanking tees-off season ticket holders as well, as they've handsomely prepaid for what are now glorified exhibition games, and boring ones at that. The losing that comes with tanking in turn tees-off the remaining fans, which also leads to lost ticket sales.

It goes on and on, and you've heard it all before. You could add to it if you wanted to. For a team like the Bungs that still has some quality players and interested fans, they're better off trying to crawl back into the hunt for as long as they can.

Re: The Frustration

I don't think any of us would still be here if we didn't feel at least a little residual alliance with the team. Otherwise, why pay any attention at all? Transforming from avid fan to apathetic cynic can be a long slow process, and we all take different paths to get there. A thread like this can be one step along the way.

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Mike F Brown's Rebuttal

No score for this post
October 27 2017, 1:16 PM 

"How can anyone be frustrated at this point? this site was formed 17 years ago and its the longest running Bengals message board, do you have any idea of why?"

By this quote above, You have to wonder what Mike Brown's motivation back then to make a webboard for Bungles.com. Was the motivation MBS.com to counter?

That's funny as f*ck if that's true. Just speculating.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 27 2017, 1:34 PM 

And what if the bungs do tank? looking at the players body language on the field and the way they act in the lockerroom I bet half the team is already bungalized including AJ. And what if they get the top pick? with that ridiculously tiny scouting dept. they will f@ck it up anyway more often than not. The few years they did better at it I consider that an anomaly.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
October 28 2017, 5:21 PM 

It looked to me like Giggles tanked it the entire 2nd half. But tanking is a huge mistake. It will cause a "we can't win anyway, so what?!" attitude. Beside that it's a hard habit to break. "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME." .......Herm Edwards

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return