<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Penn State at O.S.U.

October 28 2017 at 5:30 PM
No score for this post

ItmightbeJB  (Login ItmightbeJB)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 71.79.9.240

What a game! I don't have any fingernails left.

Although I don't believe Barrett will ever throw a pass in the NFL, he's a perfect clone of Tim Tebow, another Urban Meyer product. He's even got that long, deliberate delivery like Tebow. But someone will draft him, maybe Cleveland.

Is Urban really the de-facto coach of special teams? If so he needs to hire someone else to fill that role because OSU's special teams are pathetic. But as a team I thought they showed a lot of mental toughness tonight.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: Penn State at O.S.U.

No score for this post
October 28 2017, 8:27 PM 

I'll give Barrett all the credit in the world. He played a great game against top competition when it really mattered. This is the Barrett I thought we had a couple of years ago.

That said, he should make the switch to tight end in the pros. Unlike Tebow, though, he could also become an unobtrusive career backup QB, if that's what he wants. Much easier on his body, no doubt.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
October 28 2017, 9:48 PM 

I missed the last part of the game and when I turned it off they were down by 11 with 7 min left in the game. They played poorly esp. in the 1st half and their special teams were worse than bad during that time. They basically stole the game and were real lucky to win it. They have a lot to fix if they expect to be in the final four - I'm not sure they will make it and if they do and go in as a 4 seed Alabama will make mincemeat of them.

OldSchoolerFan
(Login oldschoolerfan)

Really?

No score for this post
October 29 2017, 2:22 PM 

I think JT Barrett is the Heisman WINNER if he keeps on playing the way he is.

20-something TDs. NO INTs.

Did not turn the ball over against PSU (unless you want to count the fumble), who has one of the best defensive turnover rates in College Football. They are something like +19, not counting last night.

Some poor GM schmuck in that upper league will pass on Barrett and take Darnold, who has looked absolutely TERRIBLE this year when the pressure was on. Darnold needs at least one more year of development at the collegiate level before he's ready for the next level. Missing on easy throws/reads. Throwing behind receivers. Not accurate. Has something like 12 INTs. That's not going to cut it. But I'll bet he smells the green at the end of the year and declares. Which will be very dumb.

The knock I have on JT Barrett is--he thinks too much. He is very intelligent. His throws on deep routes come too slow and the receiver usually has to wait on the ball instead of hitting it in stride. It's because Barrett is pondering on it. Forget about all that and let it zip, young man.

I also think Barrett will be fine at the next level in the right situation, but it can't be Cleveland or Jacksonville or any place like that where he can't be coached up.

Also think he would be a great Brady replacement in New England. Think about it. They were saying the same things about Tom Brady 17 years ago at Michigan (puke).

One more knock. Urban Meyer QBs do not do well at the next level. That may not be JT Barrett's fault. You could say that he's system but I disagree. Watch the last 2 minutes of that game last night for details. That was a pro-level 2 minute speed boat offense lead by a premier QB. Also, 16 completions in a row sounds like Who? See the paragraph above. #12. New England Patriots.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Oct 29, 2017 2:32 PM

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
November 1 2017, 5:15 PM 

I wonder if the bungs can get him - you know the bungs wanted to get rid of McCarron but the FO botched the deal. I think if McCarron is smart he will walk as he has to know deep down that the bungs want to get rid of him. However due to the dire need the bungs have with the OL I wonder if mikey has any clue which way to go with this. If the bungs lose McCarron next year which has a good chance of happening they will be in a real pickle at QB. With that weak OL they need 5 QB's just like the Reds need 20 pitchers.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return