<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Critical Mass

November 21 2017 at 9:39 PM
No score for this post

bengalbear  (Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 174.101.148.91

Is here for the Browns - attendance seen to drop to 40000. I wonder what level it would take to get mikey to act. Recall in 2002 there was a similar critical mass under LeBeau and the problems were "institutional" in nature. Granted the bungs though not good in critical areas aren't near to the Browns debacle but a few more years of this for the bungs - who knows?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/21/browns-woes-are-starting-to-impact-attendance/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

Re: Critical Mass

No score for this post
November 22 2017, 6:27 AM 

Living in Cleveland, I feel sorry for the true Browns fans at this point. They really truly are good football fans, but their passion for the Browns has turned into apathy. I realize that not selling-out games is not as big of a deal anymore (because of the games not getting blacked-out), but I do think that this season the Browns would not be selling out games even with blackout rules, which did not happen since the days of the oversized 85000 seat Cleveland Stadium.

Regarding the Bungs I truly do not think that Mikey would take the approach of looking at attendance/apathy alone. If he does not believe Marvin to be the problem, for instance, he will not make a change assuming that he keeps him for the right price. With that said, he could also take the approach that "we can lose with Marvin or we can lose without Marvin" and do exactly that and make Zampese the lowest paid head coach in the NFL for instance. That is more Mikey than overracting to dropping attendance.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

As bad as the Browns are they still have more of a chance to turn it around in a few years

No score for this post
November 22 2017, 8:50 AM 

The Browns are incredibly mismanaged thanks to some very bad hires... But I think they still have a better chance to win Super Bowl within five years than do the Bengals.

Their owner does seem to care and he'll keep trying to find the right football people. Plus their salary cap situation means they can fund some key acquisitions if the right talent evaluation is in place.

Whereas in Cincy we're stuck with bad management by the Brown family and a lot of wasted cap money (example: Dre Kirkpatrick)
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

WhenPBSFreezesOver

As bad as the Browns are they still have more of a chance to turn it around in a few years

No score for this post

The Browns are incredibly mismanaged thanks to some very bad hires... But I think they still have a better chance to win Super Bowl within five years than do the Bengals.

Their owner does seem to care and he'll keep trying to find the right football people. Plus their salary cap situation means they can fund some key acquisitions if the right talent evaluation is in place.

Whereas in Cincy we're stuck with bad management by the Brown family and a lot of wasted cap money (example: Dre Kirkpatrick)
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

WhenPBSFreezesOver

No score for this post

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

Re: Critical Mass

No score for this post
November 22 2017, 11:58 AM 

lewis is a reasonably good coach - good enough to make the playoffs but that's about it. I think he might be 20% or so of the problem and mikey 80%.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return