<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  
Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: 2017 Week 12 Game Thread: Browns at Bungs

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 10:59 AM 

Bengals settle for 3. If Kessler plays like he did last drive, Bengals will get another shot shortly.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:00 AM 

Ah, Kizer is back. That must be a relief for the Browns.
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:04 AM 

Browns get their QB back, but he goes 3 and out. Now their punter is out, and their kicker botches the punt. Cursed.

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:11 AM 

Bullock is 2/2 on FG's today! And he made an extra point! How about that?

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

16-3 Bungs

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:13 AM 

Bungles lose their opportunity to put the game away early, settle for a field goal in the red zone again.

Browns do indeed seem cursed, but it looks like they came to play. Part of the book on them is that they have too many inexperienced players.You wonder what they would be if they had held on to four or five pretty-good veteran players over the past two years.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

16-6 Bungs at the half

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:26 AM 

Browns offense move the ball on their first and last possession of the half resulting in six points. The Bungs looked good moving the ball, but stalled drives resulted in only 16 points. Can they score over 20 today?

Even with all the pushing and shoving going on between players it was a dull half.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Nov 26, 2017 11:46 AM

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:46 AM 

That's their go-to play inside the 5. Play action pass to Kroft. Not that I'm complaining, it works.

This message has been edited by Bungleistic from IP address 174.233.13.178 on Nov 26, 2017 11:46 AM

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:51 AM 

Bengals score. This game has gotten away from the Browns. They haven't been able to get a TD, although they have been able to move the ball down the field. They also have failed to stop the Bengals who have opened a sizable lead.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post

Bengals score. This game has gotten away from the Browns. They haven't been able to get a TD, although they have been able to move the ball down the field. They also have failed to stop the Bengals who have opened a sizable lead.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

23-6 Bungs

No score for this post

That TD drive went a long way toward taking the suspense out of the game. They broke the 20-poin barrier and are set-up to have possibly their highest scoring game. They had 31 at Cleveland back on October 1st. They scored 24 twice previously, but the defense helped against Green Bay and Indianapolis.

So this is only the second game where the Bungs offense broke 20 points on their own.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 11:59 AM 

Browns once again can't bring it home. It's actually a shame because Cromwell (sp?) dropped a beautiful pass that hit him right in the numbers. You can't win when you are settling for FGs.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

23-16 Bungs

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 12:35 PM 

The Browns brought it home that time, and the Bungs are in danger of belonging to the elite class of Browns victims. Just under seven minutes to go.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 12:42 PM 

I'm a little behind on my DVR with this game, but the Browns just scored. It's now a ball game. The Bengals could lose, although I don't think they will, but I admit I'll chuckle a bit if that happens. There was a time it would make me angry, but now I'd just write it off as par for the Bengals.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

30-16 Bungs

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 12:46 PM 

The was a questionable penalty against the Browns for hitting a defenseless receiver, to say the least. But the Bungs have had their fair share of bad calls going against them, so we'll take it.

Mixon did what we knew he could do with good blocking, and he got it.

This one is over with just under three minutes to go.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 12:47 PM 

The Browns got screwed on that call, but as I said and will say again, the Browns are cursed.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 12:48 PM 

One thing about that penalty call...

If Malone had completed the catch, it's not a penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver, but doesn't that make it a catch and a fumble? That would have worked out even better for the Bungs.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

30-16 Bungs, Final

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 1:01 PM 

The post-game discussion about that penalty will be interesting. Meh. Considering everything that happened on that play, we've all seen a lot worse when it comes to bad calls.

The Bungs are now 5-6 and officially in the hunt given our criteria. More important, the offensive line played a lot better, but they have to do it against teams not named after Mike Brown's dad.

Dalton's final stats:

18 receptions in 28 attempts for 214 yards and 2 TD's. No interceptions.

QB rating = 111.3

Makes a lot more sense than last week, as his blocking was pretty good today.

AJ Green had a quiet 5 receptions for 66 yards.

Joe Mixon's final stats:

23 carries for 114 yards for 5 yards per carry and 1 TD.

Is it time to start talking about bell-cows again?

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Nov 26, 2017 1:14 PM

OSF
(Login oldschoolerfan)

No

No score for this post
November 26 2017, 3:03 PM 

"23 carries for 114 yards for 5 yards per carry and 1 TD."

Nice numbers. But you shouldn't rely on a throw-away game against the Browns for historical value. In fact, no value at all.

I'm no longer watching the games--but at the same time, it is hard to get totally away from the headlines, if you even watch regular TV....therefore, I can tell you this:

1. I take back what I said about Hue Jackson. He doesn't deserve another coaching shot anywhere. Give him a clipboard and a headset.

2. The Browns Ownership. What to do with them? I think they should sell. They don't listen to experts. Hire their own people in that are disfunctional and inept. That guy is a total f*cking idiot.

3. 30-16? You would think that the Bungles should have beat them by 4 TDs. I'm having a feeling that the Bungles didn't even win that one right. Burfict with a few penalties during that game? I heard from a source on FB. LOL

Bonus: If you wasted your time watching the Bi-Annual Ohio Poop Bowl, then you have too much free f*cking time on your hands. Wasn't there like a few snowflakes to shovel off your sidewalks or paint to watch dry or watch your girlfriend/wife wash their hair 3 times daily....what I'm implying is...LOL--SOMETHING MORE INTERESTING THAN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.66.45.113 on Nov 26, 2017 3:07 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return