<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Coaching fits

December 24 2017 at 12:22 PM
No score for this post

dacow  (Login dacow)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 74.128.93.62

Been thinking about the right fit for a new coach. Here they are:

Jeff Fisher-Losingest coach in NFL history. Nice fit.

Hue Jackson- last two years will be 1-31. Very strong resume for the Bungs.

Jay Gruden- very Bengallike. Not the good Gruden. Sorta like the wrong Shula. Prob got beat up a lot by his big brother. Perfect fit for the team that gets beat up by its big brother twice a year.

So many good fits.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

Re: Coaching fits

No score for this post
December 24 2017, 12:32 PM 

All three have head coaching experience. The Bungs can do a lot better than that with all the inexperienced coaches out there.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

ItmightbeJB
(Login ItmightbeJB)

No score for this post
December 24 2017, 1:57 PM 

Giggles career in a capsule.....

After Jordan Evans took an in-between stance against the TE, in other words he was too far away to get a chuck at the los and too close to play off him, so the guy just runs past him for an easy TD, Giggles could be seen consoling him on the sidelines telling him not to worry everything would be ok. Smiled at him and patted him on the chest. RIGHT Marv. let's not suddenly start holding players accountable for not knowing what to do. Or their position coaches either. Let's just make sure they don't feel bad about it. God I can't wait for this dolt to be gone. He thinks he's coaching CYO ball not grown men who need to have thick skin and God forbid, a little mental toughness. PU55Y.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

dacow
(Login dacow)

I don't know Psycho

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 7:44 AM 

"All three have head coaching experience. The Bungs can do a lot better than that with all the inexperienced coaches out there."

Why take a risk on an unknown, when you have three perfectly terrible choices available? Mikey likes him some guarantees..... These three are locks!

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 9:43 AM 

I might be tearing a page out of Psycho's book - but a little bird tells me giggles is not only staying but is getting a raise on top of it. Mikey will sweeten the pot.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 2:22 PM 

I hear what you're saying, Dacow, but think of Dave Shula at the conclusion of the 1990 season:

- No head coaching experience.

- Failed offensive coordinator (Dallas).

- Failed position coach (Bengals receivers and Dolphins quarterbacks/receivers).

That has to be the ultimate prototype for a candidate Mike Brown will salivate over.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 2:28 PM 

And you're right, bengalbear. People are starting to see it coming. Marvin Lewis not only staying but getting a nice raise would be soooooooooo Bengals. Mike Brown most certainly doesn't want to go through the hassle of finding another head coach. Much easier to stick with what you have.

This talk about the next coach is just hypothetical musing.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Dec 26, 2017 3:26 PM

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

David Shula the prototype

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 3:37 PM 

You neglected to mention one other factor that is near and dear to Mikey: David Shula is family relations of someone who was good at football.

(Jon Gruden won a Super Bowl, let's hire Jay)
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
December 26 2017, 3:54 PM 

If the bungs win on Sunday against a banged up Ravens secondary that would seal it for Lewis. Mikey really doesn't want to go after a new HC because it would be a hassle trying to get anyone that good to come here. Mikey is in the process of teasing us just like he did in the 90's that winning the last few games would tell us that they turned the corner. This reminds me of golf where you play a bad round and somehow par the last 2 holes to get you to come back.

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
December 28 2017, 8:39 AM 

Honestly, Jay Gruden is much better than I would expect. Despite the Dave Shula parallels, Gruden has made the playoffs in the NFL and seems to stay near the Marvin standard of 8-8ish most seasons.

With that said, I actually do see Mikey going offense (two straight defensive coaches after a history of offensive guys) and cheap (as in lowest paid coach), so that eliminates Fisher. I also think that Gruden would cost too much:

So "fit" wise:

1. Lazor - can very easily be a relatively seamless transition, and he will be the lowest paid head coach and keep most of the low paid staff in place

2. Alexander - see all of the reasons above. Plus, most knowledgeable football people, including Mikey to some extent, will realize that the line's poor play is more on talent and less on coaching.

3. Hue Jackson - all has been quiet out of Berea so I assume that the Browns plan to retain him, but if he is indeed fired his stock will be really low, so he could be had for cheap. With that said I could absolutely see him blowing up the staff a bit.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return