<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members

Re: 2017 Week 17 Game Thread: Bungs at Ratbirds

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 6:13 PM 

Who wouldda thunk it? Bungs on 4th down get the ball to Boyd who goes in for the game winner. Like hitting a home run with 2 down in the bottom of the 9th to win it in a walkoff. Lewis gets his contract unless of course he walks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 7:44 PM 

Note from the Bills' coach:

“I’m so excited for our players and fans. Everyone has sacrificed so much to be here. Thank you to the Bengals,” McDermott said. “It’s such an emotional moment. No one gave this team a chance all year long. Our fans have been great all season long and I’m looking forward to seeing them at our playoff game.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/31/sean-mcdermott-thank-you-bengals/

In Baltimore, they're calling it "the worst loss of the John Harbaugh era" and "the most difficult regular-season loss in franchise history".

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-bengals-instant-analysis-1231-story.html

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 9:19 PM 

I ought to go place a bet tonight somewhere.

thank you note

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/947647838741237760/photo/1

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 10:18 PM 

Well...they laid an egg in the first half but they came back and had the lead late and were in a strong position then to win it with the bungs having the ball and 4th and 12. It was just one of those plays like I said hitting a walkoff homer in the bottom of the ninth. I'm not sure they can blame anyone - just one of those things. I harbor no animosity toward them like I do to NE and Pitt but at the same time they do have 2 rings and the bungs have none and no playoff wins in 27 years. Hard to feel a lot of sympathy for them.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login KaBTK)

No score for this post
December 31 2017, 11:51 PM 

Man, the Baltimore fans are angry. They want firings. Here's their game thread starting around the Andy to Boyd pass:

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?160586-Game-Thread-Bengals-Ravens-12-31-Reg-Season-Finale/page167

This is not shocking. The DCB willed this would happen, and say what you will about Marvin, but the Ravens are the one team that he just seems to have their number. He can beat them, but he and his team crumple like wilted flowers under the pressure of the Stealers. Harbaugh looked broken at the end. This is not the first time Marvin has knocked him out of the playoffs either. The one thing Harbaugh said once is that he wanted to cover AJ Green well. Well, not a single TD today was from Green. The winning TD went to Boyd who was a second round draft pick who hasn't been a big factor in the offense so far. Hopefully we see more of him.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
January 1 2018, 6:59 AM 

I've been reading through your the Ravens message board posts on your link.

A lot of it irrational (i.e. wanting Harbaugh fired and the owner dead) but their dislike of Dean Pees seems wide spread (reminds me of what Bratkowski was for us) and when I was watching (and some mentioned it) the most Bengalish thing that they did was on that 4th and 12 not calling a defensive timeout. That late in the game almost any coach (including the Bengals braintrust) would typically call a TO after seeing the other teams' formation and personell to counter with something that makes sense and to be prepared.

bengalbear
(Login bengalbear)

7-9???

No score for this post
January 2 2018, 10:30 AM 

Realistically after the start this year and esp. after the Steeler losses and the drubbing the bungs took from Chi at home - did anyone here think the bungs would win 7 games? How many of the tailgaters thought that would happen? For some strange reason the team and giggles pulled out those last 2 games. Does giggles really want to return or is he helping his market value in case he goes somewhere else?

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 2 2018, 10:34 AM 

Everyone has to read this article from the Baltimore Sun, and make sure you watch the video:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/bs-sp-bills-fans-bengals-0102-story.html

Sam Wyche
(Login wyche)

No score for this post
January 2 2018, 11:00 AM 

Maybe they will build a statue for Andy lol!

WhenPBSFreezesOver
(Login WhenPBSFreezesOver)

Giggles has ZERO market value

No score for this post
January 2 2018, 11:48 AM 

He's not getting another HC job.

In 2011 he flew off to SF for an "interview" but 49ers people said he wasn't a credible candidate
Mike Brown has already abused their hearts and raided their wallets. He has been a one-man plague of locusts -- Gregg Doyel

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return