<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

Mike Zimmer Did In Four Years What Marvin Couldn't Do In 15

January 14 2018 at 8:30 PM
No score for this post
Angry K  (Login KaBTK)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 50.5.1.88

Mike Zimmer got a bye week (never happened for the Bengals who always had to play on WC Weekend).

Mike Zimmer won a playoff game.

I don't care if they gave up a big lead. I don't care if they blew what was once a 17 point lead. I don't care that the play at the end was a miracle. The bottom line is that he got the job done. He got enough points on the board and kept enough points off the board that he won.

He took a team that had a 31st ranked defense and was a basement dweller team to the NFC Championship in 4 years.

We haven't won a playoff game under 15 years of Marvin. I can't believe Mike Brown let this guy go. We could see the talent he had. We could see he was the best coach we had, but Mike Brown had to be loyal. I didn't even think Marvin had to be fired - just moved to the front office.

A darn shame is what it is.

I did adopt the Vikings as my second team, though, so I'd love to see them go all the way.
--------------------------------------------
Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use in Cincinnati. - Homer

The Bengals managed to squander that bit of good fortune, though. The Bengals could leave the winning Powerball ticket in a pair of pants they donate to Goodwill. ~ Doc

Maybe Next Year - The Battlecry of the Bengals

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
BMN
(Login bmncaper)

Re: Mike Zimmer Did In Four Years What Marvin Couldn't Do In 15

No score for this post
January 15 2018, 11:44 AM 

And don't forget: he did it with Case Keenum at quarterback.

BMN

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

No score for this post
January 15 2018, 3:31 PM 

Yes, lost their starting QB and their starting RB

And you just know Marvin was rooting for the Saints , I guarentee it
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Bungleistic
(Select Login Bungleistic)

No score for this post
January 18 2018, 6:45 PM 

Has to be one of the worst Mike Brown bunglings of all time. Here he is in the NFC championship with Case friggin' Keemun and a great regular season record, and this is the guy that Mikey let walk in favor of keeping Marvin when one of the biggest things this team needs is coaching. Nice job Clown.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return