<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return  

XFL...

January 27 2018 at 7:20 PM
No score for this post

LC  (Login LoyaltyClause)
Approved MikeBrownSucks.com Members
from IP address 166.137.102.127

shocked I haven't seen a post about this yet... thoughts? I love football, so I'm always open to see more and the XFL did produce Tommy Maddox (last Steelers starting QB before Big Ben, right?) hoping there is a city nearby with a team.

This message has been edited by LoyaltyClause from IP address 166.137.102.112 on Jan 28, 2018 2:33 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Synonymous Bengal
(Login stormincincy)

Re: XFL...

No score for this post
January 27 2018, 8:47 PM 

I've lost interest in MLB, NBA, NHL and my interest is waning on the NFL, I doubt i'm alone, I seriously doubt adding a new league is going to change anything

just a gimmick that won't work imo
------------------------------------------
In Memory of Dunn4QB
[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 11:18 AM 

Their experiments with the rules sound good. Shorter, faster-paced games. And the NFL needs some competition to keep them honest. I hope they can make it work, at least for a few years.

FMB
(Login FawckinMB)

I'd watch

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 12:28 PM 

As far as rules....
If they can define a catch clearly, they will have a step up on the NFL.

Nobody in the NFL seems to know what a catch is. I know all of the possession, football move, etc. Even though I understand what a catch should look like, I see way too much variability in what is called, upheld, and/or reversed. I've even seen the rules analyst (Peirera?) explain why something was a catch in one game, same scenario occurs a different game, and he'll explain why it wasn't a catch. He seems to be a mouthpiece to support the call on the field unless it was obvious that the ref was wrong.

As well a more consistent application of the rules for the "cheap" hits. There is a ton of variabilty on how/where tackling, blocking is legal. What is cheap, and what isn't in the NFL varies by ref, team, player, quarter, and time on the clock.

By the way, I heard Lebatard discussing Jeff Brohm's famous quote. If you aren't already heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTJkFi06LFk

I remember watching a few games, way back when and thinking some of the rules were hokey, but the games were entertaining.

Maybe Lexington or Louisville would be a franchise. Close to an NFL market with disgruntled fans, and new market for pro football. They could play in either stadium in the spring summer without any problems, since they are already football only fields.

LC
(Login LoyaltyClause)

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 2:34 PM 

clearly Vince McMahon wants this to work, and this time he's had a go-around to go on & won't have to rush things. if there is a time to make a jump on the NFL, I think this is it...

Synonymous Bengal
(Login takinitintherear)

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 2:35 PM 

I’m with you storm. They have all lost me as an avid fan. I’m college sports all the way.

He Hate Me
(Login oldschoolerfan)

I want what he promised

No score for this post
January 28 2018, 6:32 PM 

Somebody place phone calls to Dennis Green, Tommy Maddox, and Rod Smart (if they can be found)...tell them this thing is almost up and running again.

No seriously, I want what McMahon promised before....which is this:

Imagine if the Center snaps the ball, then gives the DT an RKO. The WR runs a Quick Slant...it should go for a big play...OH MY GOD...CLOTHES-LINED!!!!

Wouldn't that be awesome? This is supposedly what VM promised fans back in the early 2000s....and then reneged on the promise (imagine that? I mean....I've never heard of Vince McMahon going back on his word, right Bret Hart?)

Then tried to have a real league minus the QB'ing?

Yikes. I'll bet this ends up being the same nightmare...15 years later.

Only...IF McMahon goes through with the scripted combo of football/WWE.

I'd watch. Not Tommy Maddox being your MVP BS. That would suck.

This message has been edited by oldschoolerfan from IP address 73.116.102.197 on Jan 28, 2018 6:35 PM

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
January 30 2018, 12:43 PM 

What's that, you say? An 8-10 team secondary football league with alternative rules to the NFL that only partially runs concurrent with it?

I already have the CFL, thanks for asking.

BMN

psychostats
(Login psychostats)

No score for this post
January 30 2018, 4:44 PM 

Heard a rumor once that they played football up in Canada. Didn't know what to make of it.

This message has been edited by psychostats from IP address 70.92.18.131 on Jan 30, 2018 6:11 PM

BMN
(Login bmncaper)

No score for this post
January 31 2018, 8:58 AM 

Heard a rumor once that they played football up in Canada. Didn't know what to make of it.

Hahah! Fun fact: Vince decided to start the XFL when the CFL board of governors wouldn't let him buy that league. Too bad, I would have loved to have heard him try to explain CFL rules to an American audience (*coughs up phlegm* "THAAAAAAATTT IS A RRRRROOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEE!!!")

BMN

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return