Return to Index  

Wife & Daughter are stronger than Sons and me

January 30 2005 at 2:20 AM
TallSkinnyMale  (Login TallSkinnyMale)
from IP address 70.48.113.120

Response to Re: Mom is stroger than dad...

I always thought that our family is somewhat of an anomaly. We are all tall: my wife, my sons (aged 16 and 17) and daughter (aged 15) and I all stand 6ft2. My sons and I have very slender builds for men: boys are 140 lbs and I am 155. Wife and daughter are same weight but quite solidly build.

We are all active. My sons and I play badminton and run. My wife and daughter lift weights and take tae kwon do.

I never really thought that the women in our house were stronger than the men until 2 months ago. I was cleaning up downstairs and saw that my daughter left her barbell on the floor. I tried to move it but could not. I called my sons to help me. While we could move it, we could not lift it. Just as we were out of breath, my wife comes into the room and picks up the barbell without exerting herself. She put the barbell back and said that our daughter was now also able to lift 200 lbs and was very pleased at this.

She walked out of the room and my sons and I just looked at each other. No one knew what to say. We were all standing there in silence for about a minute when my daughter walks in and muttered loudly that my wife should not just move her barbell. She picked it up and easily moved it to where she wanted it. She, too, left the room.

My older son said only that it is becoming a woman's world out there.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Body BuildingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement