Return to Index  

Blob???and more

May 27 2006 at 4:11 AM
Old Timer  (no login)
from IP address 205.188.114.64

Response to One for the gripper

I have no idea what a blob is. My first thought at seeing the work in connection with weight lifting was that it would be a large irregular shape that probably is not solid. it probably wriggles around into different shapes as one tries to lift. down below your entry, somebody else described as the ends of a barbell. That hardly coincides with my first impression. your description following was about a large ball. i have ot at this moment searched for the pics you describe, but I think your explanation more closely follows my original thought. That is very definitely quite a feat to lift that much weight when it does not want to stay in one shape. I will check it out.
As to my friend squeezing the tennis balls, I do not recall that there were any holes drilled. Somebody else made the remark as a possibility. I know i could not do the same with a t-ball even tho i was two or three years older, strong for my age and used to milking cows everyday. I had a strong grip but could not crush a T-ball. She could not crush them completely, but could make a little pop when she stopped squeezing. Her father could literally crush the ball so the strength did come naturally. As you observed, and so have I, there are many strong people out there who you would never suspect as being so powerful. they do not look powerful, but for certain specific feats of strength, they are very surprising. I have not seen any total body pics of our friend Alysa when she is totally relaxed, but from as near as i can make out, she does not have that constant appearance of powerfu muscles, yet, I would not stand a chance against her in any type of power event. She is one exciting lady, as is the competitor, Kara Mann talked about earlier.
Old Timer

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Body BuildingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement