New Variant for D2XMay 4 2002 at 5:18 AM
|Quvmoh (no login)|
This variant is based upon a class in an non-computer RPG I play during the week with a few others. When the X-pac came out, I thought about developing this variant. I have recently finished play-testing this, and it works great. It does get challenging at times, but it is fun. I hope you all enjoy it.
Any questions, comments, suggestions?
Sometime ago, I joined a group who regularly play RPG’s. One of the character types available in the RPG I go to is the Psionic. The Psionic, as should be obvious, uses the power of the mind instead of magic. The Psionic’s powers are divided into classes. Depending upon your rank, determines how many classes you may use. You increase in rank throughout the game.
Minor Psionic: 1 class
Major Psionic: 2 classes
Master Psionic: 3 classes
Adept Psionic: 4 classes
1) With the completion of the Den of Evil quest in act 1 on normal, you are given the reward of one free skill point. By receiving this skill point, you are allowed to learn and use skills from a single class. The Class must be chosen at this point. See below for a description of classes. You are now a Minor Psionic.
2) * With the Completion of Radamant quest in Act 2 of normal, you are given the ability to select skills to use from the “Free Class”. See below for skills relating to the Free Class.
3) With the completion of Izual quest in Act 4 of normal, Tyreal gives 2 skill points. This enables you to learn a second class. You now are advanced to a Major Psionic.
4) Completing the Den of Evil quest in Nightmare adds a third class. You now are advanced to Master Psionic.
5) Completing the Den of Evil quest in Hell adds the fourth class. You are now an Adept Psionic.
- Mind Blast
- Psychic Hammer
- Burst of Speed
- Blades of Ice (mental hold and slowing skill)
- Blade Fury
- Blade Sentinel
- Blade Shield
- Cloak of Shadows
- Shadow Warrior
- Shadow Master
- Tiger Strike
- Claw Mastery
- Weapon Block
- Dragon Talon
- Dragon Claw
- Cobra Strike
5) Electro kinesis:
- Claws of Thunder
- Shock Web
- Charged Bolt Sentry
- Lightning Sentry
- Death Sentry
- Phoenix Strike
- Fists of Fire
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Wake of Fire
- Wake of Inferno
- Phoenix Strike
7) Free Class: (Skills maybe used by any rank after Radament quest in Normal.) *
- Dragon Flight
- Burst of Speed
- Claw Mastery*
- Weapon Block*
When leveling up, at least one point must go into Energy. A Psionic is dependant upon mental will power. Mana should never reach completely empty. When this happens, the Psionic get a Migraine headache, and needs aspirin (mana or rejuv. potions) or to see the Doctor (healer) immediately. Items that give to mana, mana regeneration, or mana steal are highly treasured. There are no restrictions on Items.
Not all skills will be able to be used. At most, a character will only be able to use skills from four classes, not counting the Free Class. As a result, you need to choose your classes wisely. Certain Skills maybe learned if they are needed as prerequisits. However, they may not be used. The Free Class is designed to that any character may learn and use them no matter which rank they are. The only requirement is that they complete the Radament quest in act 2 of normal. The only exceptions to this is Weapon Block and Claw Mastery which are passive skills.
|This message has been edited by on May 4, 2002 5:23 AM|
- looks interesting! ALERT!? - Griselda on May 5, 11:39 AM
- Reults of play test for Psionic variant. - Quvmoh on May 6, 10:38 PM
- Give it a go - Hackn the Barbarian on May 6, 3:09 PM
- Good luck! - Quvmoh on May 6, 10:51 PM
- allrighty then! - Hackn on May 7, 7:30 AM