<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Big Cats of The Australian Wilderness

March 27 2012 at 4:40 PM
No score for this post
Greg  (Login javajimi)
Owner

ABOUT THE AUTHORS.

One cannot think of the Australian Panther without the names Rex and Heather Gilroy coming to mind, for more [amateur] scientific research of any note into these mystery creatures has been accomplished by them over their past 39 years of continuous fieldwork than any other investigators.

Many years before anyone else the Gilroys had reached the conclusion, based upon analysis of physical descriptions and casts of paw impressions, that there was not one but several species involved in this mystery, and that rather than being of Asian Big Cat origin, they were marsupial carnivores related to fossil species of the Australian Pleistocene [Ice-Age] period of which the Marsupial Lion, Thylacoleo carnifex figures prominently.

Rex and Heather Gilroy are internationally recognised as one of the worlds foremost husband and wife research teams in the field of Unexplained mysteries. Rex [67] is recognised as the father of Australian Cryptozoology and Relict Hominology, having begun these fields while still a High School student in 1957.

These daring and outspoken researchers are no friends of the Australian hard-core, narrow-minded university-based historical and scientific establishment, who would prefer that books of the kind published by the Gilroys were prevented from publication.

Rex, an historical researcher, archaeologist and naturalist, frequently tours the country giving lectures on his findings. His files bulge with thousands of reports concerning not only mystery animals and hominids but ancient rock inscriptions, megalithic monuments and other relics, including ancient written accounts of contacts with Australia and its near island neighbours, by many ancient maritime civilisations, which throw doubt upon the time-honoured, indoctrinated belief that this land had
remained unknown to Old World nations, until the arrival of the first Dutch explorers of the 17th century.

When not in the field, Rex and his wife Heather [a Registered Nurse by profession] live in Katoomba NSW together with a huge library of books, and his natural science collection of thousands of insects and spiders, fossils, rocks and minerals, zoological, anthropological and archaeological specimens which is the largest privately owned collection of its kind in Australia.

Besides their many and varied researches, Rex and Heather are also involved in community service work as members of the Rotary Club of Katoomba.

This message has been edited by javajimi on Mar 27, 2012 4:41 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony Cahill
(no login)

Sighting

No score for this post
November 26 2012, 11:45 AM 

On Wednesday 21st November 2012 at approximately 9.00 pm, i sighted a large cat like creature walking a couple of meters off the road, along the Pacific Highway between Coorindi and Grafton NSW. Whilst i have always been skeptical of these types of stories, i am convinced that the animal i saw, was not domesticated or native to Aust and walked with a "tiger" like action.

greg
(Login javajimi)
Owner

Sighting

No score for this post
December 7 2012, 10:18 AM 

Hi

Thats an interesting sighting... You were driving I gather>?How long did you see it for and how did you first notice it..was it right in front of you??Did you notice anything about its head at all>? Thanks for the report..

Tony Cahill
(no login)

Sighting

No score for this post
January 9 2013, 8:42 AM 

Hi Greg,
I was driving to Brisbane on a Friday night to visit my wife who at the time had been transferred in her employ. It was approximately 9.00 pm and the weather was fine and clear. I came around a sweeping bend with my lights on high beam about five kilometers north of Corindi and noticed a large cat like figure walking south, a few meters off the road in the grassy scrub. My lights were directly on the animal and i slowed in surprise. Although I seen it for only a few seconds (about three or four steps, It walked with a tiger / panther like action and was the size of a medium dog but much more bulky, i have seen feral cats on numerous occasions during my lifetime to know it wasnt a feral cat. I have held Hotel and Club Management position for the past 25 years and do not fabricate stories. I am a former VFL footballer who has never used drugs and to be honest have always doubted such sightings but would stake my life on the validity of what I seen.

Tony

greg
(Login javajimi)
Owner

Sighting

No score for this post
January 17 2013, 2:39 PM 

Hi Tony..Many people doubt these type of sightings until they have one for themselves..Its been warm this summer and many animals such as this are seen more during the summer months looking for water etc..

Maybe if you go there again you might have a longer sighting..

Do you think you could possibly go there again and just look around for any evidence of it..tracks..or do you only go there at night >?Thanks again for the sighting it is very interesting..

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement