Royal Enfield Motorcycles Photographs

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the index page  

1957 enfield indian

August 27 2003 at 2:36 AM
ian 

Does anyone have any idea what a 1957 enfield indian might be worth? It is in good shape,and runs!please e-mail me or post a response.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Hilbert

India Bullet 350

August 27 2003, 10:43 PM 

if it's realy a 1957 one (the only proof that counts will be a dating document by the REOC, according to frame and engine numbers) it sure is one of the very early Bullets made in India. It should have a mag-dyno and 6 Volt installation. the value is very hard to say - it depends, has it got a registration in the EU? Are all the parts original? Was the engine overhauled recently (bills to show)? etc.
How much is somebody prepared to pay for it. It think about a 1000 pounds (this is no offer).
Good luck

Jon

Enfield Indian

September 2 2003, 3:46 PM 

I believe that the last response doesn't understand. You have a bike sold only in Aerica as an Indian Motorcycle, not an enfield made in India. In the late 50's Indian was taken over by some British investors who closed the American factories and then sold rights to its other Brit companies it already parented. They were sold as Indians and thruogh the US dealer network that had been established for over 50 years at the time, in some cases. I recently had a chance to buy one that needed help for well under $1000.00 U.S. But didn't. I can't find a lot of info on them, the Enfield Indian Motorcycle was not around more that a few years. Do you want to sell It? Jon

johnsway1@aol.com

im looking or this bike

November 13 2003, 8:23 AM 

is this bike a scrambler set up from daay one or what

jeff flynn

1957 RE ENFIELD INDIAN

May 10 2006, 9:46 PM 

I have this 1957 ENFIELD INDIAN RE.It`s in chopper form now.But the engine is a enfield indian interceptor. I would be interested in what you really do have.Contact me at flynn@hotmail.com

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to the index page  
Find more forums on MotorcyclesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Enjoy the ride!!