Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

advice: don't overbend Tiger I mudguards

May 29 2003 at 3:51 AM
G Creager  (no login)
from IP address 209.86.247.228

Response to bending and warping Tiger 1 side mud guards ?

don't crumple them up like you often see modellers do!!! these mudguards were thick and sturdy, not flimsy sheetmetal. they didn't crumple-up during a collision, they became dislodged.

some slight bending along an entire axis is ok to vary the otherwise uniform line of the bottom of the fenders, but other than that, bending becomes unrealistic. invest in some Tiger I references and look at lots of pics of Tigers in combat (Tigers in Combat I & II are good books for this) so that you have a feel for what's correct and what's not correct.

$0.02

Gray Creager
asicsuccess@86yahoo.com - remove the "86"

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I'm sorry Gary but I have to disagree... - Dan Capuano on Jun 2, 2003, 11:36 PM
    1. crumpling controversy - G Creager on Jun 3, 2003, 8:00 AM
      1. O.K. Gary I see your point now... - Dan Capuano on Jun 4, 2003, 8:45 AM
      2. driver error - bryan kennedy on Jun 5, 2003, 1:38 PM
      3. Check your references - Andrew Dextras on Jun 7, 2003, 6:47 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse