advice: don't overbend Tiger I mudguardsMay 29 2003 at 3:51 AM
|G Creager (no login)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Response to bending and warping Tiger 1 side mud guards ?
don't crumple them up like you often see modellers do!!! these mudguards were thick and sturdy, not flimsy sheetmetal. they didn't crumple-up during a collision, they became dislodged.
some slight bending along an entire axis is ok to vary the otherwise uniform line of the bottom of the fenders, but other than that, bending becomes unrealistic. invest in some Tiger I references and look at lots of pics of Tigers in combat (Tigers in Combat I & II are good books for this) so that you have a feel for what's correct and what's not correct.
email@example.com - remove the "86"
- I'm sorry Gary but I have to disagree... - Dan Capuano on Jun 2, 2003, 11:36 PM
- crumpling controversy - G Creager on Jun 3, 2003, 8:00 AM
- O.K. Gary I see your point now... - Dan Capuano on Jun 4, 2003, 8:45 AM
- driver error - bryan kennedy on Jun 5, 2003, 1:38 PM
- Check your references - Andrew Dextras on Jun 7, 2003, 6:47 PM