Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Snow...

June 15 2003 at 5:22 PM
PFC Richard Agers  (no login)
from IP address 66.91.60.9

I've gone through these postings many times before, and countless times I've seen modellers constantly asking each other for the best ways to create snow (presumably for dioramas and figure bases.) I don't know if anyone else has seen this or would in fact agree with me, but one thing I have found works well with larger scale figures (and perhaps smaller scales as well), is ordinary laundry detergent. Use a handful of Tide Quick Dissolving detergent (with no perfumes to make your figure smell nice), grind it through your fingers a bit to make the particles smaller, and it actually looks pretty good. Oh well, that's all, just thought I'd put that out there, and see what others thought. Thanks!

Richard

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Snow... - Jakko Westerbeke on Jun 16, 2003, 6:44 AM
    1. ..true, but.... - PFC Richard Agers on Jun 16, 2003, 6:25 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse