Panther zimmerit and camo.October 27 2004 at 12:31 PM
|M. Gallagher (no login)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
Response to Achtung!! wich panters
A brief summary:
Q: I know that you have the following Panters, A,D,G early, G midwar, G late, and the G's with Infra red.
A: Only 2 batches of ausf G prepped for IR at the factory in Fall and winter '44.
Q: Did a late panter G hade zimmerit??, the late one with the rubber covered wheel but with the new gunmantlet.
A: Zimmerit discontinued by early September '44. Chin mantlet introduced after zimmerit, in September or October. Chin seen only with rubber wheels and possibly in late models with the last station steel wheels, not with all steel wheels.
Q: Did a panterG mid war hade steelerwheels??
A: Only one batch of approximately 24 built in Sept '44 at MAN
Q: Wich zimmerit type on wich type of panter, and wich camo pattern, disc or ambush or handstreaked/sprayed???
A: Vertical ridge roller zimmerit definitely used by MAN. Horizontal trowel ridge possibly DB. Other patterns: plain grid, scruffy stucco grid, not conclusively linked to a specific factory.
All camo factory painted after mid August '44. Disc pattern seen on MAN vertical ridge and DB? horizontal ridge patterns. Disc pattern ends in mid to late Sept '44. after that, Wavy cloud pattern for MAN and MNH, wavy and straight diagonal patterns for DB.
- Re: Panther zimmerit and camo. - H.Roenhorst on Oct 27, 2004, 2:11 PM
- Re: Panther zimmerit and camo. - M. Gallagher on Oct 27, 2004, 4:22 PM
- Achtung!! - H.Roenhorst on Oct 28, 2004, 11:37 AM
- Re: Achtung!! - Anonymous on Oct 29, 2004, 6:11 PM
- That was me above(n/t) - M. Gallagher on Oct 29, 2004, 6:11 PM
- achtung!! - H.Roenhorst on Nov 3, 2004, 11:40 AM