Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

color of the primer coat?

November 11 2004 at 1:22 PM
Gary Hoyt  (no login)
from IP address 209.166.67.171

When I model, I usually don't get to the "paint" stage. I enjoy the building part the most, so I don't have that much experience with painting. I do own an airbrush (I will have to dig it out of some box that I shoved it into when I moved). My question (after all this rambling) is this--- I am almost done with a Pz1F that should be painted German panzer gray, I bought some Tamiya German Gray but what color should the primer coat be?? I have read about people using flat black as a primer, but should you use another color instead to make the gray look better?
Any input will help with this matter.

Thanks,
Gary

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. primers?! - Greg H on Nov 11, 2004, 5:17 PM
  3. Primers- some more - Rick Purdy on Nov 11, 2004, 6:42 PM
  5. primer - Rob Lafferty on Nov 12, 2004, 3:21 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse