There's also :
A technique I just tried involves the use of washing powder.
- Finish your model with enamelpaints.
- paint it white with tamiyapaint. Wait until it is touch-dry (10 - 20 minutes max.)
- gently put water on the surface you want to winterwash
- put some washing powder on it and wait 30 sec - 2 à 3 minutes.
- rince the powder off.
You should notice that the washing powder takes the tamiyapaint away , resulting in a quite convincing finish !
Try it first on some scrapplastic.
A final technique I did involves the use of maskol or any masking agent.
- spray your vehicle in the base colour
- use a kitchen sponge and soak it (a little, not too heavy !!) in maskol.
- put it randomly on the vehicle, in places where you expect it would wear off.
- let it dry
- spray the winterpaint
- After this coat has dried, peel the maskol off. This is best done using the same sponge with some (dried) maskol on it !!
Good luck, Johan