Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Weathering questions - advise needed

October 19 2005 at 6:25 AM
  (Login panzerfreak)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 80.161.143.241

Hi Guys

Knowing this in a matter that has been discussed a million times, I really need some help/advise.
I am one of those modellers that really enjoys building but hate painting. However, I have recently finished building a Jagdpanther and also made it through the initial painting process (it was painted with Humbrol Enamels). This means that my Jagdpanther right now is looking more or less factory new (see pictures below), and this wasn’t the meaning with it.
Since the weathering process is almost unknown ground for me, I like to ask a few questions. I would like to ad rain marks, scratches, filters etc. but at the same time I am afraid of ruining my models and it really is holding me back. So what is the best way of aproching weathering?
Do I need to apply a coat of gloss varnish to seal of the surface before even starting the weathering process?
What kind of paint is suitabel for filters, and do I have to use an other kind of paint than enamels to avoid disturbing the paint scheme?

Any kind of help and advise would be highly appreciated.

All the best to all of you

Torben Nielsen
Denmark

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Trial and error - Dan Hay on Oct 19, 6:07 PM
  3. weathering - Jeff Andrews on Oct 19, 7:17 PM
  5. Thanks a lot! - torben nielsen on Oct 21, 6:48 AM
    1. suggestion - Jeff Andrews on Oct 21, 10:40 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse