Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

manufacturing of turpentine

October 20 2005 at 8:36 AM
Adam Wilder  (Login anpwilder)
MODERATORS ONLY - Tricks and tips
from IP address 80.58.35.46

Response to Odorless solvents caution.........

Dear Rickster

I am not an expert on the manufacturing of turpentine. Here are a few facts about the solvent in which I am aware. There are different types of Turpentine. Some turpentine is made primarily from petrol. Other types are made from minerals. Some types of turpentine are made using synthetics. Turpentine made from petrol contains the least amount of odour. I have not ever seen any documentation of manufacturers adding other chemicals to turpentine to reduce its odour.

Smelling turpentine is not hazardous unless you are in a room completely filled with the stuff for a long period of time. The problem is that some people simply do not like the smell of turpentine. This discomfort has been the cause for companies to manufacture it with materials to reduce the odour. One example of these materials might be petrol

Thank you
ANPW

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re:manufacturing of turpentine - Rick Purdy on Oct 20, 2005, 2:49 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse