Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Some suggestions

August 17 2006 at 5:39 PM
roy chow  (Login roy_chow)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.91.122.98

Response to choosing the right airbrush ,begineers guide to airbrushing

My airbrush journey went like this: a Badger 150, Aztek something or other and now an Iwata HB. I wish I had gotten my Iwata immediately due to its ease in clean up and ability to give me extremely fine control. However, you'll still need a reliable air source.

Although the propellent cans are initally inexpensive, they don't last long and can not give you pressure adjustment, essential for fine detail work.

Try to go to your local pub and ask about where they get their CO2 cans. These are used in any establishment having fountain soft drinks. Some places rent these, some sell them. In the US they normally come in two sizes. A full smaller one (about 3 ft high) will last me 1-2 years. The equipment you'll need is a regulator -- this will allow you to adjust the pressure.

As for your space limitations -- you need to be concerned for enamel/lacquer fumes. Not a good thing for yours, your family's or pets' health.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. thank you for your input roy cheers - andy inman on Aug 19, 2006, 2:20 PM
    1. Starter Airbrush and air supply - Ted Paone on Sep 22, 2006, 6:08 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse