Please help with pigments and turpendoidOctober 29 2006 at 4:19 PM
|Trevor Horton (Login tshintl)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
I've done a few tanks using Mig pigments and have mixed feelings with the results I came up with. Today I started a new project and am using Mig pigments (European dust and dry dirt) along with Turpenoid. I need some help badly.
1. Should I apply the Mig pigments to the tank first and then the turpenoid, or the turpenoid first and then pigments?
2. If I apply the pigments first, do I rub the pigments in with a dry brush before adding the turpenoid or do I just sort of pile it on and then rub it in with the wet turpendoid brush?
3. How much pigments should I use? I used just a little and didn't see much so added more and am not waiting for it to dry to see the results. I'm looking for a dirty/dusty look (not mud).
4. Anything else I need to know while doing this? I'm currently working on it now so will probably have more questions soon.
I've read the tutorial on this site on how to use pigments but am looking for more detailed and specific info.
|This message has been edited by tshintl from IP address 126.96.36.199 on Oct 29, 2006 4:20 PM|
- Update...still need help though - Trevor Horton on Oct 29, 2006, 4:45 PM
- All of the above (with photos) - david nickels on Oct 30, 2006, 9:05 AM
- Pigments - Adam Wilder on Oct 30, 2006, 2:58 PM
- Pictures - Trevor Horton on Oct 30, 2006, 8:00 PM
- These help me a lot - Adam Wilder on Oct 31, 2006, 2:10 PM
- You can wash them off - david nickels on Oct 31, 2006, 3:47 PM
- Re: Pictures - Anonymous on Oct 31, 2006, 4:28 PM
- Re: Pictures - Mark Degnan on Oct 31, 2006, 4:31 PM
- Pigment help - Dan Hay on Oct 31, 2006, 9:43 PM
- Thanks - Trevor Horton on Oct 31, 2006, 11:39 PM