Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

IDF Tankers and lacquer thinner

October 16 2008 at 4:12 AM
Adam Wilder  (Login anpwilder)
MODERATORS ONLY - Tricks and tips
from IP address 79.154.218.101

Response to Ok after reading AFV modeller with adam wilders panther f

IDF Tankers

The IDF Tankers you are asking about have been scalped referencing photos from the book, “Israeli M50 Shermans” by author Robert Manasherob. The crash helmets they have on are the Czech made type. They are a bit similar to the soviet type and common with IDF forces during the 50s and 60s.

I have never used Gunze paints.

I would just recommend airbrushing some test pieces when first using Tamiya paint thinned with a lacquer thinner. This will allow you to get familiar with the different properties. Trust me, it is much easier to spray Tamiya paints tinned with a lacquer thinner. You’ll like it. Make sure your room is ventilated.

Let me know what else I can do.

Cheers
ANPW

This message has been edited by anpwilder from IP address 79.154.218.101 on Oct 16, 2008 6:11 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks adam - pete colclough on Oct 16, 2008, 9:36 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse