Confused over decal / transfer process...May 27 2016 at 5:07 PM
|Andrew Tomlinson (Login AndrewTomlinson2)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Albeit an aged and experienced modeller, I still angst over this process -
i.e if a Klear coat is put on for adhesion benefits and protecting the underlying surface, should I then put a Micro Set or Sol on, OR Mr Setter / Softener (as I have both)...?
then a Klear coat?
Or is it Klear, then transfer, then Klear, or what?
And how long between coats to avoid chemical re-actions, although I sometimes use a hairdryer to enhance the drying? Sometimes I get are-action which goes milky on the Klear.
Sorry if this is basic stuff ! Do certain transfers work best with certain softeners too?
- Clear, decal, decal solution, clear - Matt Nethery on May 28, 2016, 4:58 AM
- Thanks... and - Andrew Tomlinson on May 28, 2016, 10:55 AM
- Re: Thanks... and - Mike Gardella on May 28, 2016, 11:59 AM
- Decal process made easy - David Nickels on May 28, 2016, 1:38 PM
- THANKS all ! Now that is helpful ! - Andrew Tomlinson on May 29, 2016, 4:20 AM
- I also use Games Workshop / Citadel 'Purity Seal'... - Andrew Tomlinson on May 29, 2016, 10:39 PM