Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Interpreting photo for painting tracks

September 19 2016 at 8:49 AM
Chris Camfield  (Login Seroster)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 45.72.193.42

Hi all,

After about a month away from a model I'm working on I'm trying to get back to it. But I find myself doubting conclusions I made so I turn to you happy.gif

The subject is this photo and what it means for painting the tracks on a Crusader tank model. Do you think the light stripes on the track horns (is that the right word?) is bare metal or a heavier deposit of sand? I thought it might be the bare metal but from looking at some pictures of other tanks, like the Comet at Bovington, I think it might actually be sand?

After all if it was the metal I would expect... it would be darker than the sand, no?

[linked image]

[linked image]

Comet tank tracks:

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Light streaks - Matt Leese on Sep 19, 2016, 12:13 PM
    1. Thanks, Matt! (n/t) - Chris Camfield on Sep 19, 2016, 4:46 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse