Decal colour changeJune 19 2017 at 9:21 AM
|Howard Robins (Login chippyrail)|
from IP address 188.8.131.52
I am building a Merit Diamond T Tank Transporter in original British colour as painted by the factory 'Coronado Tan' The colour has been recently found on a transporter in Europe with the 'Strong Man' lifting a tank & this was white. Unfortunately the Star Decals have used yellow for their version & I wondered if there was a way to use these decals as a stencil; I have thought of painting the door in white, putting the decal on then spraying the Coranado Tan over the top then removing the decal which I think is chancy. Anyone has any ideas?
All help will be gratefully received
There seems to be some confusion over what decal am trying to change the colour of. The Star Decals I mentioned above is a company which used to be Bison Decals, hence the use of capital letters, this does not refer to Allied stars which were not around in North Africa at this time. The strong man referred to above was depiction of the character holding a tank above his head! Google Star Decals 35-963 M19 Diamond T tank transporter Middle East & the Western Desert, to get a visual of the 'Strong Man'.
|This message has been edited by chippyrail from IP address 184.108.40.206 on Jun 23, 2017 7:28 AM|
- White paint, a steady hand and a fine brush. - Matt Nethery on Jun 19, 2017, 7:40 PM
- Stencils vs. Decals - Jon Arnold on Jun 20, 2017, 5:55 AM
- Once you put a decal down... they don't come back up - David Nickels on Jun 21, 2017, 9:58 AM
- I have stencils in the storage... - Andrew Tomlinson on Jun 22, 2017, 6:20 PM
- Confusion - Howard Robins on Jun 23, 2017, 7:30 AM
- Got it now. Sorry.. - Andrew Tomlinson on Jun 24, 2017, 4:49 PM