Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Dope

August 23 2017 at 2:30 PM
Matt Nethery  (Login Retiredyank)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.178.238.18

Response to What is the best way to make a red tarp for recognition?

I just finished a red tarp. I dope part of a napkin(layered for bulk), with a pva/water slurry. The slurry should be equal parts pva and water. Dip the napkin or a piece of gift tissue in the slurry and carefully lay it, in the desired location. You can gently shape it, with toothpicks. As it dries(which can be helped along with a blow dryer), you can make little tears in the paper with a pointy anything. After it has dried, gently pry it off of the model. It is now ready for paint and weathering. I can post a photo of the finished result, if you desire.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks for the reply, and sure a photo would be cool! - BradinVictoria on Aug 23, 2017, 4:54 PM
    1. Photos - Matt Nethery on Aug 23, 2017, 6:42 PM
      1. Thanks Matt, Looks Great! nt - BradMain on Aug 23, 2017, 11:53 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse