Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

filter help

August 18 2003 at 6:45 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 80.192.165.20

I've just redone my t-34 in tamiya x-61 and have done a very subtle lighting of the panels ect
what colours would you recomend to bring this oout and what medium should I use oil/enamel/acrylic and airbrush/paint if oil/enamal what should I use to thin it? dont want to use pure turps as it's melted my kits before and I've found that I never got the effect were did I go wrong?
:|
thanks in advance

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

filters

August 24 2003, 2:35 PM 

I'm finishing up a dark yellow tiger painted with tamiya acrylics. I used future as a protective coat, and I'm on my fifth filter application. Oil paint works great with mineral spirits and only interacts with the paint slightly (in a good way.) I've used umbers, siennas, white, gray, and linen. Mix the paint in a jar in small blobs with lots of spirits and apply it with a broad brush. You can also apply tiny dots or lines of oil paint and brush them out with lots of clean mineral spirits (makes nice streaks.)

Read this, its helpful:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/other/awpaint/awpaint.htm

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - filter help
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse