Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Russain Green

March 2 2004 at 8:22 PM
Micheal jolly  (no login)
from IP address 81.79.204.189

was wondering if you could help me find the closest match to russain army green in the humbrol range of paints, thanks in advance

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ulf Andersson
(no login)

Russian Green

March 3 2004, 3:57 AM 

I always go for #75. It's a rather dark shade but most BW photos gives the impression of a dark nuanse.

Lot's of different shades were used in reality and personally I wouldn't dare saying any green is wrong.

Still #75 is my trusty old favourite. In the weathering process it's a nice colour to work with and easy to brighten up or darken a bit.
Don't forget the impact of weather. Hot and dry then lighten a bit. For whitewash #75 with a satin coat is beautiful in contrast with the white.

Cheers, Ulf

Respond to this message   
Robert Lockie
(no login)

Assuming you mean the wartime 4B0

March 3 2004, 4:34 AM 

APG found that samples from its wartime exhibits (T-34 and KV-1) matched most closely to FS34052 before being repainted. Information was from Steve Zaloga on this site last November.

Respond to this message   
micheal jolly
(no login)

Re: Assuming you mean the wartime 4B0

March 3 2004, 6:32 AM 

the colour is for a T-55 and a T-72, i used 150 but it looked to light so i decided to ask for help, thank you for the information

Respond to this message   
simon barnes
(Login fencer)
Missing-Lynx members

my favourite

March 4 2004, 6:48 AM 

I tend to use various greens,from Tamiya NATO green for later vehicles to Tamiya XF-65 field grey for earlier vehicles.

The T-62 is XF-65 and the SA-13 is NATO Green, the models are 1/72nd and so the colours have been lightened slightly.

Regards,
Simon.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse