Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tamiya Spray Booth

August 16 2004 at 4:43 PM
Johnny Baptiste  (no login)
from IP address 81.154.150.2

I'm thinking of buying one of these for spray work - I've found a supplier who is selling the Tamiya booths for 85 British pounds incl shipping.
Just wondering if anyone here has used them - are they any good?
I have not yet come across a bad Tamiya product but i'd like some views on it -Good or Bad. Also, some advice on compatability as i'm in the UK.

We use 240 Volts and the booth runs off 110 Volts - would i only need an adaptor with two-pin (Japan?) to 3-pin (UK) function or do i need something more complicated...
I hope my description is understandable!
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ATB, Johnny.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve Kubik
(no login)

Spray booth

August 19 2004, 6:37 PM 

Why pay 85 pounds for something that you can build for less than half of that?

I saw the same spray booth in the states for about $140 two years ago. I found that I could build one for less than $60. I went to my local DIY (Home Depot) for an exhaust fan and dryer vent hose. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got a plastic storage tub, a flourescent light and an AC strip.

Took me about two hours to cut the hole for the exhaust fan, install the fan and hose and wire the thing up.

Works like a charm.

Steve

Respond to this message   
Johnny Baptiste
(no login)

Spray Booth

August 23 2004, 3:04 PM 

Thanks for your ideas Steve.
I think you are right. I should build my own as i like the challenge of building things myself. After all, this is what modellers do! Thanks for your inspiration.
I may even post a pic of my contraption.......
Thanks, Johnny.

Respond to this message   
Anthony Yu
(no login)

Opening a can of worms...

August 24 2004, 6:01 PM 

Before you run out and buy your fans, give these a look:

http://modelpaint.tripod.com/booth2.htm
http://www.interlog.com/~ask/scale/tips/booth.htm

You want to pay attention to the fan selection part. The last thing you want is your near complete kit going up in smoke...literally.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse