Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fixing warped major hull components

October 24 2004 at 10:23 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 80.229.43.35

My Dragon Jagdtigers all have significant warps in the upper and/or lower hulls, a phenomenon I have not encountered before. I am tempted to try the hot water trick to fix them but before I do so, can anyone who has done this successfully offer any tips to avoid bending the wrong parts? I am thinking that partial submersion offers the best chance.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Warping

October 24 2004, 11:42 AM 

To be honest I wouldn't try. Very gentle flexing of resin parts yes, but styrene? I've had this problem in the past and would recommend leaving it. Use a very thin super glue when joining upper hull etc. and this should hold the warping straight.

Vinnie

Respond to this message   

(no login)

be careful

October 25 2004, 6:41 AM 

I once had an old Airfix 1/32 Grant with a warped upper hull and tried to bend it on hot water. The result was a completely shrinked front part that will never fit again. So be careful with the hot water trick. Maybe slightly heating with a hairdryer might be succesful.

regards
Ulrich

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Try Using K&S Metal

October 25 2004, 1:34 PM 

I have run into this trouble several times. I have used a thick piece of K&S brass or brass tube.
Mike

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thanks everyone

October 26 2004, 5:17 AM 

I had considered the 'hefty length of brass' option but didn't have any to hand and was considering the use of hot water. I was wary of it however, which I why I made the post first!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Fixing warped major hull components
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse