Home > Discussion Groups > Tricks & Tips

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Boards. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=95064&messageid=1113823324
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

waterslide decals

June 26 2006 at 5:19 AM
rob tison  (Login tison)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 193.191.138.240

yesterday I put waterslide decals on a model. It was painted with tamyia acrylics and given a coat of gloss to recieve the decals. when I put the decals on they just would not move anymore, so they are all wrongly placed. when I tried to move themthey broke up. Anyone has any idea how I can remove these decals without damaging the paint job.

thanks,

rob.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve Wedgner
(Login steve261169)
Missing-Lynx members

Decal's......

June 26 2006, 6:33 AM 

Hi Rob,try masking tape.
Steve.

Respond to this message   
david nickels
(Login djnick66)
Missing-Lynx members

Decal set and sol

June 26 2006, 9:37 AM 

Next time try some decal set first. Products like Micro Set go down first on the paint, then the decal floats on top. Makes it easier to move them around. Some decals sitck really easily, too. When you get the decal where you want it, you wick off the excess Set, and apply a drop of Micro Sol (solvent) on top, to make it shrink down tight.

Gunze has Mr. Mark Setter/Softener and even Testors has some Set and Sol.

Set and Sol can also be used to remove decals

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse